Symphony X

yup. I think people who like dungeons and dragons will find them cool.

Symphony X....Rhapsody....Sonata Arctica....

have similar styles but Symphony X's theme is more of medival fantasy stuff.

Pretty cool listening

They kick ass! Michael Romeo is definately an under-rated player!

U gotta love Power Metal! Cheesy with all that technical abilities!

Not forgettin Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Helloween, DragonForce, Hammerfall, etc!

:twisted:

guitar_phreak said:
yup. I think people who like dungeons and dragons will find them cool.

Symphony X....Rhapsody....Sonata Arctica....

have similar styles but Symphony X's theme is more of medival fantasy stuff.

Pretty cool listening

fantasy stuff....does it also mean neoclassical?

got all their albums... except the first one cos of the vocalist. fav one is Divine Wings. really really good band. think much have been said about MR, i totally revere him as a guitargod. (if u have seen him on video, u must be in awe of his short fingers tearing up the fretboard) but the rest of the band are as good too, Rullo, Lepond and Pinella... Russell Allen has one of the best vocals in the progmetal genre, even better than LaBrie? - this coming from a diehard DT fan.

looking fwd to their next release next year. :twisted:

can try roxy records at excelsior, clairvoyant records at penin. borders do have it from time to time, i bought The Odyssey and V there... :)

cool! thanks! i went to clairvoyant records some time back but they didnt have the odyssey album then

8)

Symphony X is one of my favourite Neo-Classical bands.
People who like them should also check out Adagio and Time Requiem if you haven't already!

Nice suggestion...

I have their entire discography since last year... :lol:

The best song IMO wld be Medusa

You guys should listen to Russell Allen in Ayreon and StarOne, the projects or Arjen Anthony Lucassen. Ayreon was so good that when Arjen call James Labrie of Dream Theater to sing in his latest project, The Human Equation, James did not hesitate to accept the offer. Even Mostly Autumn's Heather Finlay got on board the project. Including IQ's keyboardist Martin Orford and Urial Heep's Ken Hensley. It is a pity Ayreon is not available here. I got all his CD via CD Universe, thru the internet. You guys should check Ayreon out.

Randy

lacrymosa - SymphonyX - my favourite by them.

russ allen guest in Star One, the live show is killer. La Brie sounds great on Ayreon's Human Equation ( the LP is a musical trip ). Arjen Lucassen brings out the best in them on both projects respectively. His guitar sessions on Lana Lane's Secrets of Astrology LP, is another personal favourite. \m/

michael romeo did a cover of Ayreon's 'the dream sequencer' - a melodic guitar solo piece, Arjen's the man.

Back