sweeter sounding hats

lamity

hmm, i was hoping for some advice...
i'm currently using the 13" HHX Groove Hats,
but i'm looking for some sweeter sounding hats...

i play at church and i find the groove hats are pretty bad when it comes to playing open and washy...too harsh...and loud...
don't get me wrong, i love my hihats for tight grooving and funk beats, but they just don't cut it for me at church...

any suggestions? any of you who play at church here? what are your suggestions...something that'll sound good thru the mics too...

tq!

k customs are the way to go. good stick definition when its closed, nice and sweet when opened. only the price not nice. again.. maybe its worth every penny.:)

i'm using sabian hhx manhattans. the clear wash is very smooth and glass like. very classy. the leg hi hat sound is nice and clean. tight its pretty controlled

Should consider modifying the hi-hats to this... 8)

P1010020.jpg

Try something with lighter weights, if you find the HHX Groove hats clunky and heavy when played open.

My Istanbul Alchemy Sweet hats (13") have a really nice sweet slosh. Mine are 714g/913g. That should give ya an idea.

k, thanks guys...will look into all of those...
but i don't think i'll be filing the edges of my hats!!!

not unless u have a whole arsenal to experiment with. i filed my trojans......... kekeke

the turkish hihats at musiclab sound really good.

if i was generous enough to use for church i would definitely get a pair.

One of the best sets of hats I've heard is the Zildjian A New Beats. The sound when open is very clean but has a lot of body. I'd definitely recommend them if your open hat sound is too sloshy.

The B8 Pro Hi-hats will be put into the filing process this week... it is going to be a sweet hats for jazz... funk... fusion... feel free to test it at the drummers' meet-up on 23 Jun... 8)

Back