Sweaty hands

my hands don't really get sweaty. when they do, i'll just wipe them on my pants during a break. i don't hug the neck anyway, i use my thumb as a pivot, so it isn't really a problem.

hmm.. I can't think of anything except to wipe your hands on your shirt, pants occasionally. Thats what I do. Hmm, at first was quite uncomfortable since fingers dont have the grip on the striongs when plucking, picks slip, fretting hand slips, sweaty strings, fretboard pickups body... etc etc.. lol... but eventually got used to it.

sweaty hands

Eh, Maybe u can try what those rock climbers and olympic people use? the powder... hmmm if u're nervous, then chill!!! haha.. best is u carry a towel with you. then wipe your hands before you play.... FYI: i wipe my palms with the cloth i use to wipe my guitars and violin with don't really care... haha...

5 things
1) DRICLOR roll-on solution which u can buy from pharmacy - use it thhe day b4 and on the day of gig.
2) Surgery - sympathectomy which means removing the nerves that supply the sweat glands - pretty safe but small chance of puncturing your lungs if u r obese. Works for sweaty palms NOT feet (if u play footsy and want that cleared too? forget it)
3) Electrophoresis - supposed to work and these devices are sold on the internet... but dun waste your money. Not a permanent cure and u have to ue them regularly. Unless u have lots of time to do it 45min/day every day....
4) Medication - yes, can help but dries your mouth, eyes, etc too. So not recommended.
5) The cloth in your pocket.

BTW, we sweat for 2 reasons,
A) Perspiration - heat, etc (Function of the sweat glands to cool body down)
B) Cold Sweat - fear, fright (eg. stage fright) - (Function of the nerves for fright & flight)

Back