Sustaining bass note..

WHAT i mean was ... when i hold a note.. letsay E ... how can i sustain it for let say 4 to 5 seconds seconds before i pluck ti another note....

what are the settings/criteria/knob that affects the sustain effects

and..no dont reccomend me sustainer...

Alot of it starts with a good bass. Play it acoustically and see how long the note lasts. THEN think about efx.

use distortion lor, with my muff my bass sustains for as long as i want it. of course you get the nice warm fuzz along with it.

+1 3notes.

The bass matters. It bakes the difference between a "dead" note and a long-living note.

to add on, SETUP can also help your bass to have longer sustains. just general setup.

So far, i see no need to get any form of sustain. I do have a compressor but no i don't use it for the sustain factor.

How is the EDB500? I tried it yesterday and I found it amazing!
On a more thread related note, try changing your nut to a brass nut or bone. Since the pickups are J's, you may opt for a DiMarzio Ultra Jazz. I have that on my bass and the sustain goes on forever.

+1 exin...

do that... as long as your bass is not quacked... it works very well... because of the waves or something like that...

good bass does help, but a compressor helps to sustain longer for my case. I'm using a aphex punch factory..

I haven't really found myself needing a full-sounding note to last more than 4-5 seconds. I prefer the natural decay of the note.

Back