Sustainiac+Ghost Piezo+Ghost Midi

KayCee

Even I had my doubts, but when driven by a maniac anything is possible.

Wiring.gif

Routing + Wiring. with 3 preamps in there, it's about as neat as it can be. Remember this guitar is equipped with piezo, midi output and sustainiac preamp.

Control-panel.gif

Take a look at the massive control panel. A club player's nightmare albeit studio cat's dream.

final.gif

Took many hours of routing, wiring and troubleshooting to get everything in order. Was it worth the effort? I'd better be!

Whoa! That's a handful bro. Add another 3-4 stuffs and Bob Bradshaw will be happy to do a small rack for you :)

Yeah definitely a handful. However, it the graphtech piezo floyd works beautifully and hopefully the customer is happy with it.

KC

Holy shit

The righteous owner of the above is super crazy. . .gosh. . Another mad musician.

Even I had my doubts, but when driven by a maniac anything is possible.

Wiring.gif

Routing + Wiring. with 3 preamps in there, it's about as neat as it can be. Remember this guitar is equipped with piezo, midi output and sustainiac preamp.

its like noodles on my bowl...
mann... ur good :)

Hi,

I've also custom my 1981 all graphite Steinberger guitar with both the Sustainiac and the Graphtech Ghost hex/acoustiphonic system.

I've also utilized Graphtech's bypass switch in case of battery failure I can still use the mags.

How's the two systems working?

With my Steinberger, my problem though is that everything works fine (synth, sustainer) except the mags sound like their being loaded down (dull) and not sparkly. I'm utilizing just 1 pot (vol pot) and no tone pot.

Any ideas what's going on? Could you relay how you coupled the two together in the electronics? I basically followed the sustainiac instructions and for the Ghost preamp, I went from the pots center pin to the Ghost preamp (mags).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

Are those pickups in your steinberger EMGs?

I don't know what might be causing the dull sounding pickups. If anything I suspect is a wrong value pot.

KC

No,
I'm utilizing a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck along with the sustainer driver and a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge. I scrapped the EMGs.

Alan at Manic Music would like me to isolate the two systems and check it out (process of elimination). He feels that the sustainiac board is the culprit.

Would be nice if you could provide me your method of hooking up the 2 systems. I could check yours against how I did mine and take note. As I said before,...........the 2 systems are working good, it's just the mags sound lifeless.

Thanks
Ron

If I remember correctly, it's blade switch hooked to sustainiac and then hooked to the master volume for the piezo and mag pickups. Is there any other way to do it?

KC

Back