stupid question

i think its a really dumb question but i still gotta ask,for all the fellow cubase 6 users here,do you need to have your dongle plugged in to your pc in order to get cubase started?

i used cubase le 4 previously and now that i've switched to 6 its i've have this problem where they keep asking for a license everytime i start cubase 6 without a dongle plugged in

I don't use Cubase, but with all dongle activated software/plugins, you need to have the dongle plugged in before you can use it.

LOL! I Kept thinking that after 1 license activation i could run the software without the dongle,now bringing it around presents a bit of a problem.....

The whole purpose of dongles is piracy protection, which is why you need to plug it in every time you use it. Of course, there are those from the school of belief that dongles don't offer more protection since it gets cracked anyway, and just brings inconvenience to those of us who use original software.

Now I have a USB port expander (4x) so I plug in all my dongles into it without using extra USB ports on my notebook. A real hassle...

Back