Strip Bypass loopers

eugen3

http://pedalboards.com/

bp%20strips.JPG

3-strips-copy.gif

cool?

i emailed the guy once to check on the price and its damn expensive. something like 39USD for 1 loop/switch.

edit: wrong price lol

wah.. crazy price!! :evil:

i can build it at half of the price (ant earn a tidy profit).. hahaah.. four looper mono with master bypass.. :lol:

Ty Music Centre sells pedals like these as well. I believe they are called loopmaster. Very reasonably priced as well.

Check them out, their service is top notch, and I can vouch from it by means of personal experience.

hmm.. actually hor.. let me do some maths.. shld cost around S$100 or slightly less if you built your own true bypass strip.. 6 mono looper with master bypass plus leds..

damn.. doesn't describe how to wire a tuner output.. argh.. otherwise it will be a perfect project.. ahah

Tuner output is just an A/B. Send the A to the tuner out and B to the next switch in line. Best to use the cross wiring method so you can mute A when B is selected and vice versa.

hmm.. or an easier way is to just leave the tuner in the first loop and leave it there.. haah.. anyway thanks for the advice blueark!

do you really need it?

have you though of the weight it adds onto your pedalboard?

its is just for more footswitches and leds that blinks?

dont worry i'm not touching about true bypass VS buffered

i guess its for those that got lots of pedals and wanna switch them in and out.. like a midi switching device.. but they dun wanna step on so many pedals at once.. although i must say in most of the pedalboard pics (on tgp and hcfx) i see.. i dun see many people using true bypass strips.. much less true bypass boxes.. except for one guy that had 2 X 6 loop true bypass strips (i think).. so that's that.. its not a necessity.. but if u want.. build it yourself and save a lot of cash

imcorn,

the cost is as such because the dude is not using a standard box.

Let see

Basic mono unit will have 4 jacks, 1 switch, 1LED, 1 power supply inlet.

Additional add ons will have extra 2 jacks, 1 switch and 1 LED and another custom sized box.

In terms of US$35 for a basic unit, I think it is SUPER WELL PRICED but there should be incremental discount for additional loops depending on the number of loops.

Anyway its price in USD and for people in US... the price may be just OK. For us with the conversion... NOT OK.

Remember the price may also include
1) Warrantee
2) Service support
3) Tax
4) Stocking fee of parts
5) $$$ to feed mouths if they have employees and if this is their rice.. uhm... potato bowl.
6) TIME = Labour Cost and labour don't come cheap in US
7) Customised enclosure. Anything customised in US don't come cheap too.

Why I type so much? Cos I wanna dispel the misconception of why these guys are charging SOOOO expensive and the bedroom tinkerer can do it well below cost.

I had issues like this when I was first starting out building pedals for fun... but after a while... I do see the light.

don't mind me... old man rambling.

I feel you edder !!! :D

BUT ...TB Strip is a waste of money and time !!

whats a few NON TB PEDALs with all tone sucking and input output buffs and the mojos ....huh ??

save your $$$ ... buy your mom something nice ...bring your dad out for a beer ...thats life !!

gsonique said:
I feel you edder !!! :D

BUT ...TB Strip is a waste of money and time !!

whats a few NON TB PEDALs with all tone sucking and input output buffs and the mojos ....huh ??

save your $$$ ... buy your mom something nice ...bring your dad out for a beer ...thats life !!

heh.... but for the tonally anal ones....

IT MATTERS!!!

and also... it does make switching pedals "easier" as you only need to stomp on the front line and not do pedal tap dancing.

oh let me help you out here.... :twisted:

goose oh goose!!! pray tell...

WHERE CAN I GET A BLENDER????????

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Good question ....now listen !!

Throwing your ts pedals in a tb loop has been a popular solution ...right !!
What we are doin with a blender is makin it possible to blend your main signal with the pedals in the loop real time with a wah/volume like pedal and completely removing the need of a mechanical switch.

When bro pathein posted it here nobody even bothered to ask what it was and i can't say much here coz i build them ..... !

This also helps muso's to limit tap dancing and do the blend where your effects can be pre-selected b4 and blended to required amount and time ! The blender has a switch only used to completely eliminate ocsilating pedals in the loop bleeding through ...just in case.

03c8ab9a.jpg

other than delay and reverb, the next best thing is the blender!

Amazing part is such that it do nothing by itself, but when combined with every other thing else and depending on sequence of connection, it open up another side of pedaling...

Back