Straw poll: Tribute bands

christoh

Straw poll: Would you pay to watch tribute bands

Would you pay to watch a tribute band? Why or why not? If yes, how much?

Last edited:
Just in time with the Abba& ACDC(all chicas ) trubute bands gig/s.

I wouldn't unless there is a comedic value to the entertainment. Otherwise I could just pop into some pubs with bands that do as good as they get covers. Not even for novelty.

I would. But not like the expensive kind likke 100 bucks. The most i'll pay for is 20 bucks, and i'll only see alternate bands like Mayday Parade, We The Kings, Rocket to the Moon.

Well, tribute bands are worth my time if they are good. However, since they are not the actual bands themselves, I would not pay so much to see them live. Maybe no more than $50 for a good tribute band

Well, tribute bands are worth my time if they are good. However, since they are not the actual bands themselves, I would not pay so much to see them live. Maybe no more than $50 for a good tribute band

50? Isn't that quite a bit? Nowadays you can see original bands for around that price. For one, Air Supply's cheapest ticket is going at 68. just 18 bucks more for the real deal.

it really depends on which band is playing and whether they are good or not.

if its Ministry of Rock, gladly fork up 10-15 bucks for a beer to watch them play. after all, they are more than just a tribute band for a particular band, more like tribute band for an entire genre.

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL! \m/

I will pay to watch if the bands they r covering are no more,or impossible to reform. Like Dio,Beatles and Queen, etc

I wouldn't. If I am to pay, I'd rather go for something original. Anyway, most tribute bands I've heard don't come close to the real thing.

Back