spilt buckers = single coils?

redjackal

pardon me,
will spilting a humbucker sounds like a single coil strat (ignoring the strat tone kind of thing)
or it will still have the remains of the humbuckers in it?

its a pseudo single coil tone. And how close it sounds to a single coil depneds on what humbuckers are being split.

Personally, I hate a split bridge humbucker... can't stand the sound of split single coils in the bridge. But, a split neck humbucker, on a 22 fret neck where you split the coil at the harmonic sweet spot, thats sweetness.

yup, nothing sounds as sweet as a real coil, after playing wid mi strat copy for some time, i found that a humbucker actually really does cancel out a lot of playing naunces, and is muddy compared to a single coil, or it could juz be me

sgl coils are supposed to be cleaner than humbucks UNLESS u kena some heavy duty shite like DiMArzio SDS 1 - muddy even in the bridge! 8)

i splitted both my neck & bridge humbucker on my RG. it doesn't give me the tone as close as my Strat, but it still sound acceptable to me.

:lol:

single coils are the nicest as they're the FIRST. whooh! but u cant really compare the single coil to a hum. i love the sound of a single coil more, but for heavy stuff i use the hum.

As what I put in my mod thread, the only reason to have all those split / parallel / phase wiring is for the sake of versatility on 1 guitar when you cannot afford multiple guitars.

mi guitar more queer, got a volume knob, 2 mini switches and a tone knob, everything besides the volume knob is just for show, heehe :lol:

Back