Songs i´ve written

ya me need to know too..

anyone of u has an idea of how the music industry in singapore works? do we need a publisher or how do we submit our works?

would love to learn more about the music line..
icon_confused.gif

The only basic advice I can provide is that you can call or log unto the organization named COMPASS that will help and provide advice to any potential song writers copyright their musical compositions.

The website is at http://www.compass.org.sg/

Good Luck!

icon_lol.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Get some books in regards to the music market. It will help you understand. Publisher or not, it´s up to you. When you with a publisher, they would receive 50% of your profit on royalties. Some prefer not to go by publishers and head straight to record companies. Publishers though can help push your music to record companies, though if you do get a record deal(yippie!!), you have options of better publishers to choose from.

As for singers, joining a publisher would help you get singers. But you can find singers everywhere, talentime, forums, etc. (Gerry is a singer!!hehe!!). The hard part is finding the suitable singer for your song. Take note:If you do join a publisher, you´ll mostly be along the line of the songwriter or composer, not much on being the artist. And, you might have to let go of your synchronisation rights etc.. better to read about the music market before you make a move, else you might regret it.

Hellooooooo Parablue,

Yeah.....I guess one would not really go all out finding info about these regulations and contacts till you are really focused and ambitious about composing your own songs and cutting an album/single.

I have yet to save my dimes and pennies....stock up my fridge for like 6 months to a year and hibernate in my self-constructed mini-me recording studio and hopefully get an unexplanable natural ´High´ and churn out a bloody good album or single.....yeah! ´Fleece the World´ with my music......ooooooh......and give that haughty Jack Nicholson sort of grin to the world.

World Shut Your Mouth - Julian Cope

Tell That Girl To Shut Up/Baby I Don´t Care/Revolution Baby - Transvision Vamp

ChinaGirl/Rebel Rebel/This Is Not America (Pat Metheny Group) - David Bowie

Pop Muzik - M

I Touch Myself - The Divinyls

The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen

Designer Music - Lipps Inc.

Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles

Say Hello, Wave Goodbye - Marc Almond

Bring Your Love Down/Situation/Goodbye 70´s/Don´t Go/Only You/Nobody´s Diary - Yazoo (Vince Clarke & Alison Moyet)

Invisible/Weak In the Presence Of Beauty - Alison Moyet

March On Down The Line/Hideaway/Ship Of Fools/Don´t Dance/Oh L´amour/Phantom Bride/If I Could/I Don´t Suppose/The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - Erasure (Vince Clarke & Andy Bell)

Never, Never - The Assembly (Vince Clarke & Feargal Sharkey)

A Good Heart - Feargal Sharkey

Baba ´O´ Riley/What´s The Buzz - The Who

Psycho Killer - Talking Heads

Wicked Little Doll/Dance On Vaseline/Miss America - David Byrne (Talking Heads)

Der Kommissar - After The Fire (Falco)

Coitus Interruptus/Collapsing New People - Fad Gadget

Everytime I See You - Fra Lipo Lippi

Love Missile F1-11/20th Century Boy/Dress For Sexcess - Sigue Sigue Sputnick

Buffalo Gals/Double Dutch/Madam Butterfly/Carmen/Boy´s Chorus/Waltz Darling/Something´s Jumpin´ In Your Shirt - Malcolm McLaren & The Bootzilla Orchestra

Lucretia My Reflection/More/Dominion-Mother Russia/Flood 1/ Flood 2/ This Corrosion - Sisters Of Mercy

Bela Lugosi´s Dead - Bauhaus

Rubberband Girl/Red Shoes - Kate Bush

Falling - Julee Cruise (Theme From Twin Peaks)

Thus Sprach/Spake Zarathustra - Richard Strauss (Space Odyssey 2001)

Damask Rose/Tears In Rain - Vangelis (Blade Runner)

O/T but Hey nice choice of songs there. You´ve got the entire ´innocents´ album worth of songs on there. I thought that was a brilliant album myself! Lots of 80´s stuff too. I LIKE!

Hellooo HeadHunter Friend,

I love Vince Clarke.....ooops! I mean his composing and ´Emulator II´ keyboard playings especially back during the 80´s......

I somewhat put on ´The Innocents´ album again and my goodness! The music from the album sounds better even than before!

The melodies and lyrics! You hardly get such ´quality´ music these days.......makes me wonder if I can ever find that duplicate clone of Vince Clarke as a keyboardist......

Still searching the HIs & the LOWs for that particular keyboardist with that flair.......through ´River Deep, Mountain High´......

Smile!

Who Needs Love Like That/Senseless/Say What/Pistol/Gimme Gimme Gimme - Erasure

icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_lol.gif

icon_eek.gif
For Those who wants their songs to be sent to the approperiate companies for singers to sing, you will need to work with a publishing company. Send your demos to a music publishing company and you will be guided properly. Send me a private message if you need more information

Dear Fellow Vince Clarke Fans,

Log unto the below links for Vince´s latest studio in London.

http://isg.cs.tcd.ie/scollins/vince1.jpg

http://isg.cs.tcd.ie/scollins/vincest.html

Erasure - Always, Sometimes, Star, Blue Savannah, Reunion, Sexuality, La Gloria, The Circus, 2000 Miles, Pistol, You Surround Me, Chorus, Crown Of Thorns, Cry So Easy, Drama!, Victim Of Love, Heavenly Action, It Doesn´t Have To Be, Push Me, Shove Me, Love Is The Loser, I Love To Hate You, March On Down The Line......and the sweet list simply goes On and On and On.....Oh L´amour.

Gimme! Gimme ! Gimme! A Shot Of Vince Clarke Any Time Of The Day, Month, Year, Minute, Second! More Mute Records!

icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif