Song/songs that changed you and made you what U are Today!!!

Tat Ming Pair

halo ALL,

anyone here fan of TAT MING PAIR ???
their album all very artistic and well produced !!!

Tats Lau is really a special talent!
His music and arrangement are TOP NOTCH !!!

err... too bad, after TAT MING PAIR disband,
his talent waned ?!!

i cant believe it! For the first time, i actually receive a flyer that i am going to frame up from my letterbox.

It is a promotional flyer from a lounge called HeartBeat. One of the bands featured is "Hans, Terry and Geoff"! Flash back 15 years or so, at a quiet corner of Orchard Road, there's this joint called The Cellar at Yen San Building. I would save up money and go to this place and listen to them play. They play mainly covers but they made it so beautiful.

20041117_hans_terry_geoff.jpg

i also want to post!!

nice knowing all the different backgrounds softers have over here...
enlightening to know music played a big part of your lives. :D

here's mine.. :p

i have an uncle who has over 20+ years playing music. can safely say that he was my "shi-fu" for he taught me a lot about music and recommends me the best bands you can ever hear.

Toto - Africa
Best described as fusion/rock/pop/jazz band..this song from them just brings back memories of my uncle's band jamming at my backyard.

Journey - Separate Ways(World's Apart)
The first song I heard with lyrics about separation and heartbreak but with heavy rock accompaniment. Keyboard enthusiasts! Check this song out!

Casiopea - Eyes of Mind
Definitely the band that's got me into fusion jazz. First words that came out of my mouth when i heard this song was "Sial ah!!!" :p these guys are extraordinary Japanese jazz musicians..and the whole band is made up of like 3 or 4 dudes.

Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Loudness
The phase every mat rocker will go thru...love ballads from these bands just gets you all "feeling feeling"..haha..

Santana - Oye Como Va
this song made me wanna have percussions in my band. haha. we do now.
and the latin grooves in this just itches my butt to do the samba or merengue

had my fair share of Malmsteen, Vai, Satriani, Friedman too..i dunno much bout guitar shredding and licking but oh hell, these guys can really friggin play!

Nirvana - IN utero
i agree with cavett..In utero has gotta be one of the best albums they've produced so far. with grunge as a major music genre during my sec sch days, yeah we started out playing nirvana covers such as about a girl/dive/come as you are...hehe..

Buena Vista Social Club
Cuba's finest musicians get together and form this band. They are old mind you, with the oldest peaking at 89. what kind of genre? Afro-cuban dudes!!
can nearly visualise yourself in cuba's beaches with the skimpy bikini girls..LOL. makes your head bop too!! :wink:

right now, i have opened my ears to the diff genres music can offer me. RNB, HIP HOP, SCREAMO, HC, REGGAE, SKA, LATIN,JAZZ..J-Rock too!!Luna Sea's "Believe" and "I for You" rocks my socks off.. :twisted:

ps: I believe Wu-Bai's "norwegian forest" and "tong ku de ren" got me stuck to the man's works. haha. serious...feeling u noe.. 8)

ahh yes...i see a number of beatle fans here...

First exposure was Grease I think, the catchy bass lines and lyrics.

The Beatles inspired me to pick up the guitar, and started my craving for Rickenbacker 12 strings and Vox amps. I became an instant fan of the Beatles after watching them on vcd on "Ready, Steady, Go!", a famous british entertainment show where they mimed to their records. I soon revived my own form of Beatlemania, buying their albums and DVDs, getting John's hairstyle, as well as picking up their thick Liverpool accents. i have now lost the hairstyle but I'm still joking around with the accent. :lol:

A Hard Day's Night the movie by the beatles really inspired me a hell lot.

Later on, I heard the Shadows' Apache, Foot Tapper, Fender Bender and Guitar Tango, I was amazed immediately.

Then, I moved on to Led Zeppelin. the Early Years CD has always left a deep impression on me, especially Communication Breakdown.

Guns N' Roses came on, first with Sweet Child O' Mine. My band has done that song, and Don't Cry as well, we're moving on to Patience soon. I'm surprised my parents don't mind me listening to GNR, especially their most explicit songs like Rocket Queen from Appetite for Destruction and the Use Your Illusion I album.

speaking of GNR, i just saw Velvet Revolver on the American Music Awards show on chn I tonight.. SLASH!!! WOO!!!

Back