Some dum things about guitars!

LimpPisskit

1. need to take off pickguard and sometime neck on some strats to adjust neck. 50years and Fender still make this stupid design. I think Musicman design is great.

2. need to cut off ball for Floyd Rose bridges. yeah, there's speedloader but 99% guitars still don't come with dat. why don't they sell more strings with no balls.

3. why need solder to change pickups? why can't all pickups use connectors like EMG so it take 1 minute to install??

4. why all da "best" amps come in 100w head??? How come they no make 15w version.

LimpPisskit said:
2. need to cut off ball for Floyd Rose bridges. yeah, there's speedloader but 99% guitars still don't come with dat. why don't they sell more strings with no balls.

Well, you don't have to cut off the ball end for FR bridges. Just string them with the ball end at the tuners.

And the new ibanez trems don't require cutting off ball ends.

Btw, don't fixed bridge guitars require the ball end?

1. they're reissues, made to look like an old fender. i would advise all new players to get newer models instead of reissues... i myself would never live with vintage saddles for long.

3. i think u can actually connect in a way... clip or something. but no one does it.

4. it's due to the speaker size. the bass response for an 8" and a 12" vary substantially.

there're also good 15W amps but they sound nice at home only lah... hehe.

LimpPisskit said:
1. need to take off pickguard and sometime neck on some strats to adjust neck. 50years and Fender still make this stupid design. I think Musicman design is great.

Who's to tell Fender to change the design if it sells well? Some folks are into innovation, some folks like it the way it is. Fender has it's market just as Musicman does.

LimpPisskit said:

Selling strings with no balls is an even worse idea. Then you're limiting the target consumer base of those strings to only floyd users. Not a very smart move if you run a company that makes strings.

LimpPisskit said:
3. why need solder to change pickups? why can't all pickups use connectors like EMG so it take 1 minute to install??

It's bout flexibility. It's not one size fits all.

LimpPisskit said:
4. why all da "best" amps come in 100w head??? How come they no make 15w version.

They don't all come in 100w heads. Take a look at Matchless amps for e.g. And it's not about speaker size. You can use a 12" cone with a 5 watt amp and a 5" cone with a 100w amp. It's about headroom.

ShredCow said:
LimpPisskit said:

Well, you don't have to cut off the ball end for FR bridges. Just string them with the ball end at the tuners.

And the new ibanez trems don't require cutting off ball ends.

Btw, don't fixed bridge guitars require the ball end?

yup...all hardtails and tune-o-matic bridges need ball ends... :wink:

Back