Solo guitar-singer?

tinkerbell

I was just wondering if anyone sings/writes their own songs, and performs solo?
Cause when i look around here, most people are into bands!
Is it a trend or something?

the thing about performing solo is that you don't get much diversity in terms of instrumentation

I have both solo stuff and band stuff....

Does that make me a solo musician or just a musician?Hm, I wonder.......

yeah. and it takes a lot to sound good with just an acoustic guitar. not everyone is an Elliott Smith.

heh, tell that to multi-instrumentalists. i find you can do wonders with a loop machine and a great voice. mad skillz + good lyrics is way more impressive to me than having a tight rhythm section.

oh yes, loopers. i forgot about that. still, it is limiting in the sense that the audience has to listen through the building up process. there is still a very strong practical reason for people to play songs using a band.

of course bands will never get old, but in an age where every 15 year old guitarist wants to start up their own rock band, listening to live music from laptops and loop machines is pretty much a novelty here. here's a toast to all those brave enough to venture into solo territory

I have performed solo, duo, trio, band, big band - u name it etc..

I feel loneliest when I do it solo ... + allota workin musos now all have laptop and just pay along to whatever music & sing along .. I hate that. I prefer all musos to be "live" ...nothing subtitutes a good band over the pre programmed stuff ...

Nowadays I can even afford to turn down solo , duo gigs etc .... I rather do with my band Retro Groove - much more fun & enjoyable!

Haha true

Somethings I don't wanna do with my band.....So do a lil solo-ing on the side lor.....

Good thing is you're in control, its all about YOU, YOURSELF AND your shadow

We all know the bad pts though

Cheers to solo musicians!the ones who write their own stuff though.....Not writing your own stuff should be TABOO! Not just among soloists, but to bands ESPECIALLY!!!

Last edited:
In my opinion, solo-ist are a bunch of narcissist. Especially those who can't write an average line in their lyrics. Now there's a reason for me to say this; Thank God for Pete Doherty!

Back