software FOR mircokorg

nicolas

hey anyone knows what software can be use with mircokorg to increase the sound bank and provides drum beat in it.i only know of the reason 3.

Hi, I believe you meant 2 different things. To increase the "sound bank" and patches within microkorg will require a firmware update. That can only be done by Korg, and I don't think they do that often.

To "increase the sound bank", you can use external sound sources. Can be external (other sound modules and keyboards etc), or software (Reason is one of them, which you mentioned). For the software option, there are many VST plugins and standalone that you can get. VST will require a "wrapper" to run it (either a DAW software like Cubase or Sonar, or dedicated software that does nothing except run VST plugins, like V-stack from Steinberg).

For starters, look up Native Instruments and www.soundsonline.com.

>> i only know of the reason 3.

You can input notes and midi controller data into reason but reason cannot play back the microkorg directly (you need a sequencer program that supports rewire).

DAW software: Cubase, Sonar, Protools, Logic, depending on whether you are using PC or Mac. Buy online.

There may be free open-source software out there, although I have doubts about their stability. You can do a google to look for those.

ok,is there any shop in singapore that sell those software?

i tried google for free open source but cant find any.

hi hi

you can read through the music production list. http://soft.com.sg/web/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5895

i think right now, you want to do something. but there are many ways to do it. we can list out A to Z but will not be effective.

the best way is for you to tell use MORE about yourself, your musical background, what you are trying to do and most important, how much is your budget?

oh i am just starting to pick up keyboard,trying to play keyboard for a band and we are into electronica and new wave music...i need a software to connect to my microkorg and yamaha psr so i can increase their sound bank and also record some sample into the software prefered with drum sample so when im playing the keyboard there is a sample playing.yeah something like that so i hope you can help me.

nicolas

firstly, if you want to do live performance, i suggest not to hook up any computer. especially when you are just starting out.

as mentioned above by other SOFTies, there are software that you can use to make them playback effects/instrument sound. you can think of these software as a tape recorder. the sound stored in the software is trigger by the keyboard that you connected.

have you tried to edit the sound in your microkorg?

You could use another Keyboard or synth and transfer the sounds from another keyboard to the microkorg. And edit them by seeing all the parameters from Sound Editor.

dude, you just revived a 2 years old thread....

and what do you mean by transferring the sound from another keyboard to the microkorg? do you mean it as using the microkorg as an effect processor kinda thing? As far as I know, the microkorg does not have sampling capability.

Latest posts

Back