SOFT was hacked (22sep2004)

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all,

SOFT was down for the past 3 days . Someone hacked into the software and deleted a big chunk of our content. I had no choice but to shutdown and find a solution for it.

A big thanks to users/friends/well-wishers who wrote in and give their support. Especially to the hosting company because they worked very hard to bring up the site again.

The last backup I had was 2 days before the hack so those post are lost. I encourge you to re-post those information again.

There's no way I can stop these hackers but I know they wont be able to stop me too.

Ok, I have to get some sleep now.

James

thanks james...i think you should back the files up somewhere..host a mirror or something? how did he hack into the system?

james...good job puting the site back up..i noe how hard it was for u..anyway..to the hacker(s)..i agree waht james said when he asked what u gain from all this stupidity..eh wanan hack something go hack on the guitar or somethin man..dun fuckin be so lame n do this kinda shit arlright..anyway..peace!!!
glad everythings back to normal!!!

Good job man!

If there's anything we can do to help whether sponsoring financially or in other ways, let us know.

Rock on!

mulyadi -

i do backup the database (usually everyday) but the 2 days before the site was hacked, I was rushing to finish a job so just skipped it. these hackers got their own community also, once they know of how to hack into a certain system, they will spread the news and everyone goes on a hunting trip.

blackmore -

thanks for your support. it was just alot of time spent cause the database was huge! could not upload it automatically cause the system will time out. so i had to split them into smaller chunk and upload. went on to install the newer version of everything too.

Lifehouse -

your post is the best :lol: i have just upgrade the server to a 1 Gig space. We will try to raise funds through things like "SOFT T-shirt" and "SOFT Compilation CD". Hope you guys will support these projects.

Good job man. To the hackers: Do you guys have a life? Try hacking something more challenging? SAF's computer system? FBI? Hack this for what? You guys have no life. : )

This is the second time SOFT was hacked! Did you manage to trace the IP address of the hacker?

VaiSteve - small hacker hack small site :oops:

Cheez - wow, you are keeping count. :oops:

MikeChan - i promise the site will be better but dont have to hack to get me to make the site better. just tell me, okie. :wink:

penta-tonic - you say like that, they sure hack again! :lol:

Think got small problems with the profile editor now. Cannot update avatar and signature. Change only, become blank. So now I'm "naked"! :cry:

soft said:
Dear all,

SOFT was down for the past 3 days . Someone hacked into the software and deleted a big chunk of our content. I had no choice but to shutdown and find a solution for it.

A big thanks to users/friends/well-wishers who wrote in and give their support. Especially to the hosting company because they worked very hard to bring up the site again.

The last backup I had was 2 days before the hack so those post are lost. I encourge you to re-post those information again.

There's no way I can stop these hackers but I know they wont be able to stop me too.

James

i think you offended a lot of people in the past,
of course people hack your site.
that's why it's your retribution now,
they call it karma?

BTW, the dot com days are over.
no one is gonna buy your site.
go home and fly kite!

stevearson said:
soft said:
Dear all,

James

they call it karma?

go home and fly kite!

Alright this isn't very nice. I am sure we all have learnt to be prepared for a hack attack from now on.

BTW , i am sure you offended lots of people with yr post. I am sure you will get your retribution later on , they call it karma?

hofner said:
stevearson said:
soft said:
Dear all,

James

they call it karma?

go home and fly kite!

Alright this isn't very nice. I am sure we all have learnt to be prepared for a hack attack from now on.

BTW , i am sure you offended lots of people without yr post. I am sure you will get your retribution later on , they call it karma?

what's the brickering about?
karma or retribution? what's
comes around comes around.

This sort of mindless flaming shit is bound to happen as the forum gets bigger.. 8) (or trolls for that matter)

Back