SOFT chit chat with DYL

soft

Administrator
Staff member
the following was an email interview with Double Yellow Line. You can check out http://www.doubleyellowline.org/interviews.htm

Tell us who you are and where you're from.
James Woo - SOFT.com.sg

What is your team or organization setting out to do?
Promote music making

What is your opinion on the local scene now?
There are 2 groups of music makers. The Pro who makes a living by playing music and the causal music maker who does it for fun. The Pro are doing the club circuit and sometime recordings job. I have heard some of them doing well and some of them struggling. Not an easy job as it depends on the market trend for live entertainment and also the genre you are associated with.

For the casual music makers, the scene couldnt be more active! The number of gigs happening every week is just - too many! We got lots of people doing albums, EP, gigs and gigs! Oh.. did I mentioned gigs?

Where do you see it heading five years down the road?
Unless the output from the music makers become better, it will still be the same as it is today.

Where can we usually find you on this tiny island?
At any computer terminal with Internet access.

What genres of music do you listen to, and who are your favorite musicians?
I do not separate music into genres. I listen to everything just as music. Too many musicians out there, I only had the chance to listen to just a handful.

If you play an instrument, what is it? Can you tell us about its make and model, and its accompanying gear?
I play the Electronic organ and piano. Have a Korg Triton, Kog PA50, Roland D20, Yamaha V50. A black electric guitar and a red bass guitar.

How do you think local gigs can be improved?
Musicians must play better. Prepare/rehearse/perform and not play/pray/play. It is a show, it must be entertaining. At least musically.

If your life were made into a movie, who would you like to have on the soundtrack and why?
Me! I do everything.

If you had a message to the non-believers of the local music scene, what would you say?
There is no local or foreign music. There is only music.

kool, man....... :wink:

yo james, If your life were made into a movie, can RN be part of the sound track part?....... :lol:

:twisted:

slow panning shot of 40,000 crowd stopming their feet and roaring "R-N.. R-N.."

intercut with close up of fans's expression, slow-mo.

wide shot of dark walkway outside changing room. door open. strong light ray cuts through the dark.

close up of foot coming out of room. slow-mo.

wide shot of sound engineer with hands on board.

low tracking shot of RN walking toward stage.

smooth fade close up of RN member's profile.

fade to black.

FOH POV. Pryo. RN play. Stage curtain drop.

Close up of 12 years old james in the crowd with tears in eyes. Clinch fits.

Pull out. Crowd screaming and jumping.

Back