So I need a Hardcase...

predz23

....for an Epi Les Paul.
I've carried my guitar on board a plane before and that created quite a hassle so not doing that again. But I don't know what I'm looking for though. It needs to be strong because it will be checked in in a plane, and it needs to properly protect the guitar since again ... it will be on a plane. And since I don't trust those people who put the luggage into the plane (broken handles anyone?) the handle needs to be strong and maybe the hardcase should be lockable? I don't want those people being able to just open the guitar case and have a look inside. So yeah basically I need a pretty strong hardcase that should withstand airplane and ground staff abuse to protect the guitar that they can't open.
Do you guys know hardcases like that? Also should put like newspapers or something into the hardcase to help cushion the guitar?

if you travel alot with your guitar, what you need is a flightcase. The ATA certified ones. I think SKB now makes an ATA-cert flightcase. Other brands should probably have something similar

Well I don't travel too much. I just need to bring a guitar out of singapore and another back. Then I won't need it until some time I go to overseas studies. So a flight case might be a little overkill, but will a nice quality hardcase do the trick?

Well i do think price would be an issue... If not a nice hardy certified flightcase with tons of protection would do fine. :D
You can go to guitar stalls and specifically ask for hardcases with locks.

SKB's do fine. I've flown and travelled with SKB cases for about 4 years now. The case got cracked once. When i left it leaning on the back door of the bus (to somewhere in Msia, can't rmb..) . Told the driver NOT to open the back door, but he did otherwise. the case dropped out. WHAM. It cracked. but the bass inside it was just fine.

Sounds like a good hardcase, protects the instrument inside well. My hardcases have never taken such a great knock, hope they don't ever have to... Did the driver compensate you?

Because I am in a great mood...

I would love to sell you one our fantastic Les Paul G&G handmade USA guitar case.. you already got a recommendation for them in this thread, and since I love free advirtising, I will give you S$50 off the price of a brand new case delivered anywhere in Singapore... deal?

Be quick though, I only have 2 left in stock

Jimi
http://57guitars.com

Back