SL sale (13/12/08) - what did you get? (for drummers)

drumsolo86

I am guessing not many people went down for the sale as drummers, but nonetheless just curious to see what you guys got?

I actually went down the day before I saw lotsa stuff on sale. Lots of sabian cymbals and some rides - 21" HHX Groove & Dry Ride, Carman Appice Ride, 20" Raw Ride. Tons of Pearl snares on sale too: Dennis Chambers, Eric Singer, Chad Smith, Vinnie Paul for 695 only! maple piccolo. I saw lots of Tama double pedals too, bet they got snapped up right away.

It'll be great to show us pictures if you had.

For myself, I wanted to get a rhythm watch but I sorta of decided against it and passed on the sale.

Share with us what you got!

Hmm anyone knows how much the Tama Iron Cobra double peds were going for?

Cheers to all those who got their stuff! I didn't manage to get in though as I had an urgent appointment but i was still in the queue!! So I left:(

they were going for 675+ per pedal before discount...i wanted to get a single pedal but i thought against it. cuz my current pedal is fine. so i got cymbals instead..the carmine appice ride was like 1000+, so i just took the HH jazz ride instead..

It seems like the stuff are pretty expensive. Seems like prices are jacked up a lot much more on the sticker price.

I've got that feeling about it. The 20" HH Jazz Ride is a good buy, but jazz rides are quite one-dimensional - meaning they dun fit into lots of musical situation (correct me if I'm wrong)

Congrats on the Carmaine Apprice Ride, it's Limited Edition! I was just wondering how much you paid for it cos on music123 it's about US459. It seems like prices have soared for Sabian really.. Come to think of it, my HHRBDR costs about 739 sticker price only..

Not true. Just look at Jimmy Chamberlin from The Smashing Pumpkins. He uses a Constantinople ride (commonly used as a jazz ride) for rock music as well as his fusion project band. He even added rivets to his Swish Knocker. It is how the drummer uses the cymbal that makes the sound work for the music.

And yes, Sabian prices have sky rocketed recently...

I've got that feeling about it. The 20" HH Jazz Ride is a good buy, but jazz rides are quite one-dimensional - meaning they dun fit into lots of musical situation (correct me if I'm wrong)

It seems like prices have soared for Sabian really..

Hmm anyone knows how much the Tama Iron Cobra double peds were going for?

Cheers to all those who got their stuff! I didn't manage to get in though as I had an urgent appointment but i was still in the queue!! So I left:(

after discount for rolling glide , 300+

Back