Single Pickup to Humbuckers

hey there are aftermarketsingle coil humbuckers available which can fit into your singlecoil slot. check out seymourduncan.com and dimarzio.com.

seymour_duncan_hot_rails.jpg

i personally dont know how they fair against regular humbuckers though, maybe someone else can help you on that.

It depends. If you remove your pickguard (if you have one), see if it is a swimming pool route, then you'll have space for a humbucker. If not, you'll have to route out your guitar.

The other option is to get a mini humbucker or a stacked single coil. Both of which straddle the line between single coil and humbucker tones.

my fren's guitar is fitted with duncan designed pickups tt look like seymour duncan lil 59's n he said it's double coil but it doesnt sound as strong humbuckers...

hey blueark:my strat copy doesnt hav swimming pool routing but the slot 4 the bridge pickup is the size of humbuckers :)...but i'd say most cheapie guitars hav swimming pool routing..even my fren's yamaha EG-112 has tt...

if im not wrong, some models come with h-s-h routing configuration (esp if yr strat[i suppose] is s-s-h)

bin4christ said:
the swimming pool routing looks uglier eh?

hey blueark,wat finish is tt on the blue body?

Covered by the pickguard you wouldn't see the route. But arguably, removing that much wood affects the tone in a bad way.

I have no idea what the finish is. I just did a yahoo search and found those pics.

You have to either get a new pickguard or shape the hole big enough for the humbucker. As for wiring the pickup, it can be very easy or very hard depending on your experience at soldering.

bin4christ said:
the swimming pool routing looks uglier eh?

hey blueark,wat finish is tt on the blue body?

with pick guard no one can see the rout whether ugly or not. BTW FENDER Maerican Standards strat & even the Santa Fe's have swimming pool route. If U ask me..the diff in tone between pool route, tex mex route (2 hums & centre sgl route) or standard vintage 3 sgl route....is marginal and hardly noticable.

BTW B$ christ thats'a a blue stained blueburst on a carved top quilted maple top finish......drooollllllll.....wish it was mine... 8)

Back