Singer, Guitar and Sax needed for R&B band

donnylee111

Hello Musicians,

My name is Donny, band leader for a jazz band consisting of musicians of ages between 25 to 28. We have been playing around Singapore (Esplanade, Timbre) on and off for a good four years now. For our next gig, we're thinking of doing some R&B.

Our core right now is Piano, Drums and Bass and we're looking for a SINGER (male), GUITARIST and SAXOPHONE to complete our line up. If you ...

1. can sing/play and like popular songs by Neyo, Craig David, Bruno Mars, and Jason Mraz.
2. have experience performing (not so strict, say 5 times in public) and can work the crowd. (SINGER only)
3. commit once a week practice of hitting the studio, have a sheet in front of you, and just sing/play.

reply this thread, PM me, send me an email at donny.lee@duke.edu (preferred) or SMS me at 90010161.

I'll most probably meet up with you quickly, have a short chat, hear you sing a bit, and see how it goes. Of course, we are willing to give you a try but due to time constraints, our gig is April 1st, we prefer someone who already knows his stuff. We usually work out our rhythm section quite fast.

So let me know. The potential upside is that these jam sessions and the performance itself will be FUN and if things really turn out well, I'm thinking of recording our stuff and having it on iTunes. Oh yeah, and you're looking at ~$50 per person for the gig.

Let me know.
Donny

Last edited:
Hey Musicians,

Guitarist is almost a lock. Still looking for Singer and Saxophonist. Don't hesitate to email me at donny.lee@duke.edu or SMS at 90010161 if you would like to join me in this endeavor. Perhaps the single most important factor is that you need to KNOW and LIKE the stated music.

Happy Chinese New Year.

Donny

Back