Sezairi: Does he have what it takes?

christoh

I was just talking to Sezairi and it struck me how a little alike Hady and Taufik this guy is. I mean, Taufik is like this big bro buddy 'hey man, let's hang' kind of guy; whereas Hady is a bit more reserved but more of a 'he's a nice guy' attitude. And Sezairi is bit in between.

Anyway, hung out with him at the studio - where Don Richmond and Jason Tan, producers extraordinaire - were sequencing his new album...

More at http://blogs.todayonline.com/poparazzi

I believe he has more than it takes to be great, but the fact that he was born in Singapore will make it very hard. How many minority singers have actually made it big in Singapore? Name me a few. That's the facts, anyone wanna disagree go ahead.

it's not about where you're born. it's not because he was born in singapore.

Hady, Taufiq and Sezairi are really nice guys. Some of the best vocalists in the country too.

But are they the top in the world? There are way too many people singing the same styles. If they really want to be successful, they need to start doing something different.

I used to think Singaporean musicians lack skill. Actually, they don't at all. They have plenty of skill. What they lack is a proper music direction. Our local musicians have as much skill as any other musician in the world.

We just lack style, because we're a young nation, we just need time.

Back