Self-learn pop piano through books

redryder

Hi all,

I used to learn electronic organ when I was a teen but gave up upon entering NS. Seventeen years later, I feel like learning music again, especially popular piano. I can still sight read, and remember some basic chords. Would it be possible to self-learn through books? I went to Play by Ear's website and what they teach is exactly what I'm looking for. But I think I want to try books first before committing to an instructor course. Cheaper, and no schedule to keep.

Any books to recommend?

There are many pop music books available out there.
you can try http://www.musicnet.com.sg/ for pop music
If you can play at a certain level, (for instance Grade 5 standard or around there) I believe playing from books is fun enough.
But I dun think the idea of "self-learn" is good, you'll need teacher's guidance.
Anyway, I provide piano lesson at affordable rates, so if you are interested to learn from me, you can contact me thru private_piano_tuitions@yahoo.com.sg

Regards,

Rudy

You can read piano staff well, then buy a book that teach Jazz. Normally, these book are written such a way for classical player to understand. Go to Borders to find such book. But still study under specialized school or instructor is better.A lot of thing can't be understand by words alone.

Back