School of Audio Engineering (SAE) ?

Did a recording there once. It turned out pretty good actually. The thing is, with this kind of courses, the single most important thing to get out of it is the contacts the school can provide, because it´s going to be really tough out there.

i´m just curious about the duration of their courses...1 year for a diploma and another year to complete a degree.

isn´t that too short?

i bet their fees are expensive..

The SAE is a nice place. If you want to study AE locally then it would be recommended, cuz they've got State of the Art equipment and all that. Somemore they just renovated the place, and their links are like quite a huge network so you can be assured of a sound education. I went there like last week to check out the place. The diploma course is like 1 year, it's about $10500, which is inclusive of all the study materials and studio booking fees. Then you learn all the practical stuff in the dip course. The theory stuff comes in the degree part, mostly all the copyrighting and all that. But if you've got the money you should really consider overseas. Cuz definitely it's much better where all the equipment are imported from. America. That's where i'm planning on going. I'm interested in studying AE as well. Would be doing part time cert courses at SAE.

djsiz said:
The SAE is a nice place. If you want to study AE locally then it would be recommended, cuz they've got State of the Art equipment and all that. Somemore they just renovated the place, and their links are like quite a huge network so you can be assured of a sound education. I went there like last week to check out the place. The diploma course is like 1 year, it's about $10500, which is inclusive of all the study materials and studio booking fees. Then you learn all the practical stuff in the dip course. The theory stuff comes in the degree part, mostly all the copyrighting and all that. But if you've got the money you should really consider overseas. Cuz definitely it's much better where all the equipment are imported from. America. That's where i'm planning on going. I'm interested in studying AE as well. Would be doing part time cert courses at SAE.

As such you are paying $10500 for their equipment ??? :roll: and do you think that you can make out that money on the field in Singapore ? Even after you pass SAE thing...you may have to find a job overseas...check the foriegn magazines like Keyboard mag, Computer Music, Recording Mag....so on..They talk about Professional audio courses..and cheap comparitively...Spending so much locally to open up a PA system company atlast???? doesnt make sense...Learn yourself from books and make friend with a Audio guy to clarify your doubts !!! Save $$$$$$

DON'T waste your time there the courses are a joke, I should know, i'm an ex grad.

Whatever they teach you can learn from books and a short stint as a studio apprentice.

ha.... well.... have to be touch with the scene so have to MOVE around righty?
hee...

anyway.. was at SAE for a yr plus and decided to stop...
its a place where you do have the equipment... to me, thats the good thing abt SAE..

as for the courses, i would say if you would rather pay ppl to teach you and have hands on rather than buying books to learn from there.... then the course is an alternative...

previously took the studio sound course back in '96, joined mediacorp as location soundman one month after completing course. lucky me. worked for 5 years and got tired. currently doing something else.

2 other ex-colleagues graduated with SAE diploma and both worked as soundman lasting 3 to 5 years, and are now in other lines.

how many soundman/engineer jobs are there available out there? think about it :roll:

Back