Sanyo Eneloop Music Booster

shinobi

601278200.jpg

no mention of this on these forums so far. so the bass forum will get it first.
music_i_point1.jpg

battery level indicator light:
music_i_point3.jpg

Last edited:
dimensions: 65×42×120mm
weight: approx. 280g
input : AC100〜240V (of the AC adapter for charging)
output: DC9V×2 (max. 2000mA total)
charging time: approx. 3.5hours

estimated battery life when used with:
analogue effects (10mA) : 50hr
digital effects (50mA) : 27hr
digital multi-fx (100mA) : 17hr
multi-track recorder/synthesizer (300mA) : 7hr
electronic drums (1000mA) : 2hr

package comes with:
AC adapter x1
DC power cord (length: 45cm) ×2
極性変換コード×1本 (wtf? some kind of cord? sorry i dunno this)
carrying case x1

Last edited:
it has 2x 9v outputs, if you only use one of them u will get 2000mA. but if u use both the current will be split to 1000mA through each output.

it uses some kind of special technology to ensure that the voltage is kept constant until the battery is depleted.

i think im definitely getting my hands on this. power cables across the stage are a catastrophe waiting to happen. in fact i ever had a nightmare experience when the cord of my power supply was stepped on, which cut power to my board.

but i wonder if you can use this with a daisy chain with reverse polarity pedals?

Last edited:
looks good! if you need 18V supply i guess you'll probably have to get 2 of these with Y cable.

how to order?

checked internet, this is supposed to be available in end-march in music stores (in USA). i cant find it in amazon!

well the polarity conversion cord kind of answers the question about reverse polarity pedals lol.

it's not really a ups, its a BATTERY by itself. so u just charge it up and attach it to your board. then you can forget about power adapters and what not. just plug and play. but im guessing that you can use it even while the adapter is plugged in, so in the event of a power failure the battery will kick in. so i guess in that sense it would effectively be a UPS.

the battery life seems decent as an analogue pedal usually consumes less than 5mA if im not mistaken. i know that some zvex pedals like the woolly mammoth draw less than 1mA of current.

i think it has already been released in the jp market. it costs just below 10k yen. bearing in mind that japan often marks up the prices in their OWN market, it will probably retail for about US$90 overseas. the price is comparable to say a t-rex fuel tank jr, i think.

on a separate note i also discovered that ishibashi no longer ships ANYTHING overseas. the only thing available to overseas customers is whatever's available in their sucky ebay store.

Last edited:
wow that is kinda expensive. 10K yen is approx SGD$156.

the cost is definitely much much cheaper, but i guess they are pricing it to match the competition in this area of pedal power supplies.

what a shame, I expected this to be SGD$60 max, considering the lower competitive price of the other eneloop, and GP rechardables + charging stations.

yeah sanyo probably did their homework when setting the price... :(

ouch US$149 is really steep. ishibashi is selling is for about 9900yen, and it seems like the webshop price is slashed from the original retail price. hopefully the US street price will be comparable...

anyway thanks to the monetary authority of singapore 10,000 yen is now only S$149 :)

was reading the japanese user manual, seems like when you power off the gadget, there is no power supplying to your devices as this is in charging mode. when you power on the gadget, power is supplied to your devices but the gadget is not being recharged.

unless my japanese interpretation is wrong. seems like it cant be used like a ups as i've thought it could be.

http://products.jp.sanyo.com/support/manual/search.php?ID=KBC-9VS

see page 6, points 2 and 3 in the manual.

Last edited:
wow. KL musicians > SG musicians

now the rate is about S$1.49-1.50 for 100 yen. last nov it was about $1.60

last wed-thurs it was DAMN low, around $1.47 only. cos of MAS announcement on wed that they will revalue SGD. i think alot of people kancheong. but i believe it should still go down abit.

10cents difference is quite big, thats like $100-200 difference when u buy a bass man

was reading the japanese user manual, seems like when you power off the gadget, there is no power supplying to your devices as this is in charging mode. when you power on the gadget, power is supplied to your devices but the gadget is not being recharged.

unless my japanese interpretation is wrong. seems like it cant be used like a ups as i've thought it could be.

http://products.jp.sanyo.com/support/manual/search.php?ID=KBC-9VS

see page 6, points 2 and 3 in the manual.

you're right,

it also says on page 5 says that when you're charging, there will be no DC output.

i dont think the intention was ever to make it an ac adapter, i think the idea was just to make a battery. so to me it's still mighty cool... besides, in the event of a power failure, i don't think... our amps will work?

i'm actually really put off by the price. it's a really good idea, and would think of buying it until i saw the selling price.

this unit looks like it's a bunch of eneloop AA battries packed into a battery charger, arranged to give you 2000mA with 9V. You could get such an arramgement off the shelf for less than SGD$40, the only difference is the DC out.

For that extra functionality, you're paying an extra SGD$100 for it.

thats why it looks like they are pricing it higher into the range of the pedal power supplies, rather than their own battries + charger price.

Back