Roland Micro cube

ok realized the vid was more of an overview so here's a quick review

Cosmetics
- awesome size, fits in a snug corner of my study table so i can plug in and jam anytime without hassles

Functions
- has everything i usually use, i.e. reverb, chorus, trem, delay
- 'tone' knob is quite responsive to your demands so i can easily tweak to fit my single coil and humbuck guitars
- has a mp3 input at the back so i can easily insert my ipod or laptop and jam along, or use it as a speaker for movies etc.
- has a in-built tuning fork which is excellent

dislikes
- wished the delay had more variations

Sound
- quite straight forward usage, didn't need the manual
- really sweet tones! especially at the JC Clean and Brit Combo modes
- can be driven by mild overdrives like my Coolcat overdrive without farting (note: only on JC Clean mode)

dislikes:
- farts especially in the Black Panel amp simulation mode when pushed to higher gain/vol settings, your low strings will fart distinctly
- don't really play heavy metal so can't really comment on the rectifier modes but when engaged they do give a real heavy tone. a bit on the thin side tho

Overall: 8/10
this amp is meant for home use or times when u feel like heading somewhere exotic to jam alone ha so dont expect alot of high gain stuff from this tho the brit combo does quite a good job on the driven vox tone.

(However, there's an option to connect this str into your higher watt amps. i tried putting it thru my blackheart lil giant stack and it was really good. felt like i had a whole load of tube amps in my room suddenly ha)

mostly, i stick to the jc clean mode with reverb and it brings my semi hollow to a whole new level. all in all, a great amp for its price:) if i'm not wrong, this goes for 300 brand new in swee lee

Hope this helps those making a decision:)
Matt

Back