Retro groove live at yello jello!

fgl

RETRO GROOVE WILL COMMENCE IT'S STINT AT A NEW CLUB TONIGHT CALLED "YELLO JELLO" - located at Blk 3C, The Cannery, Clarke Quay (part of the old Ministry of sound).

Tonite is opening nite and the theme is Beatles Revival hence we will all be dressed in Sgt Pepper Beatles outfits (tonite only) and play predominately Beatles stuff!. We will then continue as per normal fri & sat.

Watch out for fgl's interview & performance on radio Gold 90.5fm on Fri (2moro).

1 - 6 Dec the band takes a break and Retro Groove will be back at the club from 8 Dec onwards for our 6 nights a week stint.

Hope to see softies there - it's a good old "pub style" club with resonable bar prices featuring retro style music...

CHEERZ! :cool:

Big thanks to all kakis who cam last night

RETRO GROOVE will be on again tonight & tomorrow at Yello Jello - we kick of at 9pm to nite!

SEE YOU THERE!

bIG THANKS TO dULCIE,FORUM TROLL & ALL THE OTHER KAKIS WHO CAME BY LAST NIGHT TO SUPPORT RETRO GROOVE ... HOPE U ENJOYED YOURSELVES DESPIET THE OBVIOUSLY POOR SOUND ... CLUB ASSURES ME THEY GONNA GET NEW EQUIPTMENT BY THE TIME WE GET BACK FROM OUR 1 WEEK BREAK ON 8 DEC

AFTER AN ENFORCED 1 WEEK BREAK DUE TO FGL & FIONA'S HOLIDAYS - RETRO BROOVE WILL BE BACK PERFORMING TONITE AT YELLO JELLO!

COME ON DOWN - IT'S THE EVE OF HARI RAYA HAJI TONITE ANYWAYS SO u all need a place to party rite? :mrgreen:

Picture119.jpg

Due to Khalid being hospitalized - aquanaut will take over bass duties for Retro Groove at yello jello for tonite

xmas eve - and no where to go?

cmon down to yello jello at clarke quay - first club after the main taxi stand

normal prices (mug of beer $9 & jug at $24) for xmas eve ......

party with RETRO GROOVE tilllate!!!!!!!!

MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY!

on 2 Jan (nect Fri) RETRO GROOVE will be performing at the esplanade

so

AQUANAUT'S BAND "THE RAINDOGS" will cover us for the firast two sets at yello jello - (check out their sexy female keyboardist)

1st set 9 - 945pm

2nd set 1015 - 11pm

RETRO GROOVE will return to play sets 3 and 4 after that ....

PARTY ON DUDES & DUDETTES!

HAPPENING ON 29 DEC (MON) AT YELLO JELLO BAR (CLARKE QUAY)

PROJECT LOVE - THE BENEFIT TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR CHARITY IS GOING DOWN - KICKS OF AT 730PM

CAROLINE FERNANDEZ (reknown UNINTENTIONAL comedian) WILL BE SHAVING HER HEAD BALD AT THE EVENT!

FGL WILL GET THE 1ST SNIP.

COME ONE, COME ALL - IT'S OPEN TO PUBLIC

bald.jpg
She is BOLD to be BALD.
Only a few have walked down this path, but for the few, the rewards have never been so liberating. Come 29 Dec, Caroline will shave off her crowning glory for LOVE, and enter the wise hall of fame in the footsteps of femme fatale power, ala Demi Moore in GI Jane, Sigourney Weaver in Alien and Persis Khambatta in Star Trek.
Come and witness this historical movement in NTUC Income.

We did an interview with our heroine, Caroline Fernandez recently to ask how she was feeling about her upcoming individual dare. Here is the short excerpt of our exclusive interview.
Q: What made you take up this challenge?
A: I was cajoled, persuaded, pressured by my boss to cut off my tresses.
Q: How are you preparing for the event?
A: I am currently mostly in denial, however I am consoling myself that this will be a very good story for my grandchildren.
And yes, I have stopped going to the shampoo section of the supermarket.
I am also preparing for a bald head club with some personal friends, for example Lim Kay Siu, Lim Yew Beng, Ray Pereria.
Q: So what kind of hairstyle are you going for?
A: No skin cut, just the fuzzy kind (like GI Jane)
Q: What do you plan to do after this event?
A: I am planning to go on leave and yes for a holiday where Buddhism is a main religion, like say Myanmar or Bhutan. I will fit in perfectly in these countries.
Q: When was the last time you had very short hair?
Caro_2002hair.jpg

Q: Any words of encouragements from your friends/colleagues around you?
A: Actually, I am slightly annoyed that people are saying my hair looks great these days. Haha.
Q: And lastly, what word of encouragement will you have for other women who wants to be BOLDLY BALD like you? A: Don't listen to your bosses, keep your hair!!

the baldness happens tonite

NEWSFLASH:
THE ENTIRE BAND WILL BE BALD FOR THIS EVENT!

A fantastic time was had by all last night at the head shaving ceremony forproject Love (Caroline Fernandez) at yello jello..

Thanks to all our non soft / soft kakis including fgl kakinangers Dulcie who made the event - I hope U all had a blast

Next blast will be new year's eve at the club followed by 2nd Jan at esplanade waterfront

GOOD MORNIN KKNers ......

ADVANCE HAPPY NEW YEAR GREETINGS TO ONE & ALL!

IT'S GONNA BE A MAJOR PARTY GOIN ON TONITE AT THE CLUB WHERE I PLAY AT: YELLO JELLO, COME ON DOWN - BAND KICKS OFF AT 10PM TILL THE WEE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING!

AFTER THAT ITS PARTY ON AT MY FRIEND'S PLACE .... EARLY MORNIN POOL PARTY!

Back