Republic polytechnic

utha

First of all I must clearly state that I wasn’t forced nor requested to write this review. I felt it would be good for the wondering souls to get some guidance.

Obviously you’d wonder why Id be writing this. As a student who is currently pursuing the new media Diploma in Republic Polytechnic, RP has proven many of my initial qualms wrong.
1) First of all, the part about only stupid people come to RP is SOO wrong.
I have friends here who have scored 6 points for ‘O’ Level and have decided to pursue their studies here.
2) RP is only a school you should go to if you want to do sports.
RP is not only a sport hub, but from my experience one of the best arts hubs around. In My daily routines as an arts student and also as an arts interest group member I’m pushed to my very limits. Also I am given the very best of equipments ranging from monitors to guitars and even drums. We even host the next biggest music festival next to baybeats, some people even claim the production for IGNITE is better than bay beats. And all our students get a chance to play IGNITE provided you are of sufficient standard.
3) RP students have no future.
I think I’ve learnt that hard way that this is one of the stupidest remarks ever. Any student who doesn’t study has no future unless of course you’re the son of some multi millionaires. So don’t fool yourself.

Now in no way am I saying you must join RP. I’m just saying don’t rule RP out of the box. =)

I'm not a RP student, but kudos for taking the time to post something positive and edifying instead of the cliched Singaporean "why-my-school-sucks" post. Cheers.

I'm from RP, and I have no issues towards criticism directed to RP.
I think it's a pretty nice school. :)

My girlfriend is schooling there. Honestly I'm not very fond of their curricular system. She's in the first year though, and I look forward to any change to be done in the near future.

"RP student's have no future"

This is so stupid. I have a friend who did bad in O Levels, but went to study hard in RP and is now in NTU while I did better than him in O's, went to TP but am currently studying in SIM. Don't ever let people tell you you have no future, if there's one thing I learned about life, it's that. And that was before RP shifted to it's beautiful current campus.

I love the new RP campus, especially that Arts Centre or something it's called. Went to see this band called Veda 9 perform and I went backstage. All I have to say, it looked and sounded super professional. Kudos to the lucky students who get to use that place to expand their skills.

People tend to notice all the bad things instead of the good things.

RP students, enjoy your time there. I'm a final year student at RP with only a few weeks left (and the UT3s) and only now am I wishing that I wasn't graduating yet. :mrgreen:

So far RP seems to be the only poly with compulsory fitness program for year three males...

Hi guys thanks for the positive remarks and of course the critiques too where would we be without you. DeathcubeK the place is calle The Republic Cultural Centre, yes we are really blessed to have them in or campus. The TRCC is the closest a student can get to being a professional artist be it in the music or even dance industry. They also employ staff who have been through the industry in and out to guide us through the years.

Kill switch who are you??

my friend got a 11 for l1r4, he's going to RP and he is no art student :shock:
because he has serious car-sick, as he lives in woodlands, so he's intending to ride bicycle to RP lol

Latest posts

Back