Reposts

Albatross93

Hi fellow Softies. I've noticed that many WTS threads are often reposted again and again and again and again every single day. I mean, its stated very clearly at the top that we should only repost after 5 days. Its kinda annoying to see the same ads everyday. Please try not to do that unless you really super urgent for money like life-and-death situation. Wanting to upgrade gear, for example, is not an urgent need if cash. No offence. Just sayin'. Thanks for reading!

Maybe GAS is a life-and-death matter to some...

Unfortunately all we can do is just report, the boss can only remove the offending posts when he's free.

I've noticed in the guitar buy and sell section where certain members start new threads everyday and bump their old ones, how freaking annoying is that. We should make a rule that if the rules in the buy/sell section are violated more than a certain number of times, that member should be banned for a period of time.

Yes, I have banned a certain user for 5 days who repeatedly posted the same ad on consecutive days. So far, most users are very nice and followed the "Repost after 5 days" period. Let's keep the site a nice place for everyone.

Thanks!

Anyone disappointed by the way some people post their ads?

EG.
1) Placed the term 'SELLING CHEAP' in the ad title, click only to find out the price is not stated. If there is the term 'cheap' a certain form of price range should be indicated I think. That way buyers can evaluate whether the purchase is within their means. It's pointless too since how 'cheap' it is is not on the thread, and prices may just be market price.
2) Writing stuff like 'Huge Price Cut! Lowered Price! etc.' only to find out that the price has not changed from the previous 3 reposts of the item from the same seller.
3) Ad title is name of item itself, without a WTB or WTS indicator.

I think the problem is several softies don't really know how to name their adverts effectively. It becomes annoying at times.

I think it's generally assumed you're selling, unless you state "WTB" or "looking for" or something similar.

Anyway, if you write poorly, you're just sabotaging your own chances. But what really annoys me are people who reply to ads saying "I'm interested, sms me at ..." when the seller stated his own number or email there. So now sellers must constantly check for interested buyers and provide customer service? Just a pet peeve haha

Yes, I have banned a certain user for 5 days who repeatedly posted the same ad on consecutive days.
Thanks!
Finally, that guy was really getting on my nerves. He even asked for really absurd requests from me as well.

Mostly guitars ba... drums not so many ads daily! Which is bad cos I'm a drummer myself...

The drums sections is rather predictable for the ads, But yeah, i would love to see more ppl selling stuffs on the Drum buy/sell forum,
i am posting stuffs as well! haha :)

Yeah haha, but sometimes there are pretty unique items up there! Like the Canopus limited-to-30-pieces snare i saw a few weeks back. Yup we should!

Back