Recommended Recording Studios?

Paperback

hi guys,

my band's planning to record,
snakeweed's booked solid

anyone got any suggestions on where to record?

any info is appreciated!!!

Cheers!!

budget? music genre?

well there's no suggestions, just a fat multiple choice question for you :

Fyewerkz, The Loft, TNT, Redlight, Greendoor, Bluetail, BlackIsle, BluePrint (thats me), Yellowbox, Lion, Soundmix, Soundbites, Homestudio, Studiophile, Focal Pro Audio, Insound, WideEyedMuse, The End, Coxscrew, MusicFactory, MusicZone, Snakeweed, Hollywood, Splice, Nano, Sonic, Spinn, Myx, Rhythmiz, LoopSys, Liquidfire, Two Rooms, Tiny Box, Integrated, SonicConnexion.

and SOFTies who (i think/or pretty sure) also do recording - tera, turbochicken, and the few who post under the "Computer/Sound Gear" section.

and schools with studios - School Of Audio Engineering (SAE) , Film Sound Video (FSV).

and... don't ask me what's with the "Colours/Item" studio naming system.

30¢ worth.

vheissu : seriously don't know man. depends on the tightness of the bands. I've recorded bands that finished up drum/2 guitars/bass for 2 songs within 2 hours. and ironically they took 2 hours for vocals (there isn't alot of singin). it may vary from band to band. and not forgetting how serious the recording is, some bands only want the songs to be recorded for a small demo (for gigs) some are really out for radioplay and they'd spend hundreds of bucks just for 1 song.

but apparently the average pricing for studios is about $40/50 per hr. (recording and mixing).. if that helps
------------
teraslasch : yeah, i didn't know how to spell your nick. sorry bout that.
------------
M : i know jerry personally. they just sized down. not closed down =)

30¢ worth.

WOWWWWWWWWWwwwww
there's that many studios in SG?

been out of the scene for the past 2-3 yrs so kinda lost touch.

yeah i noticed the colors/item thing also!! hahahahahaaaa

so dude, i'm gonna u a pm yeah?

myx, i noe jerry too!! when leonard was still with them, they recorded my old band's 1st demo, back in 1995 or 96, sumwhere there... time flies man... hahahaha

Paperback : haha, surprising isn't it. I missed out "FMO Studiobaby" by the way. just saw the ad on soft. competition is good, so the sound standard has to increase and it'll improve the local scene. when all of us are competing for the best bang for buck and the one that gets to gain most are the bands. and the one that gets to listen to it are the audience. and when there's audience.. there's more radio play.. and the chain goes on.

feel free to pm me, heard about leonard (snakeweed) once worked for jerry. :lol: it was funny hearing the "legendary producer"'s (quoted by STOMP) humble beginning-recordings. i guess all of us have to suck to start out.

Back