Recommend V-Drum Amp

Imakebread

Hey guys and gals. Im planning on getting a beginner kit, a Roland TD-4KX, and I just realised, e.drums need amps too! So im kinda a drum newb any tips on which amp works best with my kit? I heard that the keyboard amps work pretty well but I really want the veterans opinions on this site. I need something affordable, can feel the bass, and Im solely using this kit to play metal/metalcore so please give me your opinions. Thanks all of you and have a nice day!

If you are just using headphones - then you dont need an amp. If you intend to "share that music", the good news is that you need a keyboard amp, which is relatively cheaper than a guitar amp, which is tuned to perform on different frequencies.

There are pretty affordable keyboard and e.drum amps from Laney. Check them out from Swee Lee OR you can buy them used if you are lucky.

Awesome. I guess i'll just try the amps there see which one suits my tastes. But speaking about affordable, hows exactly affordable are they? Like, what should I expect? $200ish is fine with me. As im afraid it will be a whopping $500+. And can keyboard/v-drum amps be used for my ltd guitar too? Thanks for the reply though! Really appreciate it.

Hi,

As I have mentioned above, an electric or even a bass guitar amp serves and is tuned for different frequencies and therefore should be served by special amps. A keyboard amp is more generic and should serve e.drums well.

I used Yamaha mdr 50 watt amp had it for 2 yrs gave up as my other amp is 100 watt and I cant hear the drum, uses a paevey scorpion and transtube but fail,good cymbal sound but dead bass sound,tried on peavey tnt 130 good bass but dead cymbal,tried on a peavey kba that has 2 eq fail.the one that is loud enough and good enough is peavey kba 300 and it has 4 eq.If u buy a low watt amp 50watt and u want to give a free gig nobody can hear your drum.V drum 100 watt is 1200 and yamaha 100 watt is 900 .For the last one year I cannot see anyone selling the 100 watt amp.I sold a vdrum amp 30 watt for $200 last week.very good sound but still not loud.

Hey guys, i am selling a roland pm10 30watts v-drums amp currently, look at my ad and give me a call if u are interested, thanks :D

Hi So which amp did you choose? I recently bought a v drum- on head phones now. Wondering what to pair it with. Just for playing at home. Don't want to spend a lot, as i already burned my budget on the roland. Let me know your thoughts. ..

Back