recomended bell

lepak

Hey I wanna buy a bell but not to sure which to buy. meinl? anything in an resonably price range lol..

Last edited:
i wanna get bell too.. but no idea whats the price range.. and whats good and not.. well wuhan.. make sure there's a logo printed "WUHAN" rite? thats what they say.. no logo means fake one.. well.. any opinion abt this? marcdadrummer?

wuhan - one of many provinces in china.

China is huge, maybe wuhan is huge too.. - pardon me but im not an a student when it comes to geography lol.

so they're dubbed and branded as wuhan simply because this items are made in wuhan - china.. there's probably hundreds, maybe thousand cymbal smiths in wuhan alone and trying to find the cream from the crop is no simple task. which's why, just go down to your local lion dance/chinese instrument supplier shop and test their bells in stock.

find the pair that u like - if they let u match with other pairs than thats better...

took me around 6 pairs to finally found the pitch and harmonics of the bell that i like... well it comes in a pair so ur partnet must like the sound of the pair also lah. haha

no doubt the big three and other major cymbal manufacturers create awesome and quality controlled sounding bells but this is the cheaper alternative. just like chinas.

hope this helps.

Eh wait i got a question for the bell freaks whahaha im wondering why do you not get a ride with a nice bell instead of a bell? abit the *occupy space* dun you think? I donno la cus my personal preference is to pack everything in my cymb bag and just go... yea dun understand the whole bell thinggi unless its bell chimes... please enlighten? =S

i got the other wuhan bell from DH and i must say it really sounds great..can't believe the price i paid for it!

to the guy above >> if a bell is mounted on the ride, it doesn't take up any more space than your usual setup would. and anyway it's only about 6-7" in diameter..hardly an issue in a cymbal bag! and sometimes i'd rather carry a 500gm bell than a 3.5kg ride to practices just so i'm guaranteed a pleasing bell sound (the weights are just a rough approximation, haha).

hmm i think i understand? though i have no probs with my ride bell nor seeing why i should need one =) thanks for clearing the air! =D

Sometimes u may just want different sounds for ur bell. And U may want to place it some where else in ur set up rather then have another ride. Space and money is an issue to me. haha.

elevenine... great to know that the bell serves you well :)

razorzedge... there are ride cymbals where the tone is desired but the bell is less than desired... that's where mounting the bell over the ride cymbal comes in place.

da wuhan bell killer.... like prelude to a kee tang (possessed by spirit) ... if u have that sort of expression in your repertoire, get one and twang it when u happy...

ok... mainly the bell is for me like a splash like cymbal. i use it during my fill ins.
oh yeah... one thing about wuhan. the cymbals that have the WUHAN chop are all the companies that got bought over by pearl river company ( if i'm not wrong ) and they all stamp the big fonted WUHAN.

its personal preference to which is better of course. :D

nice info there, myner. didnt know the pearl river company thing. saluda gets approx half their blanks from wuhan, and the other half from turkey itself.

I think should write in to zildjians to create a UFO series for me in their A series haha... 24" Flat Earth Rides with Large bells... ahh a dream cymbal like a hatchback fararri hahaha...

Back