Rack... worth it?

myner

hello people...
i seriously need help.
i can't get my desired cymbal arrangement. and i have something like 7 cymbals and 2 hi-hats.
should i get a rack?
a rack is probably around $300? worth it?

I'm not sure about the local prices actually, but I know there's the Gibraltar and Pearl Icon ranges.

You've to show us pictures of your current set-up to help.

Can also try playing with the Kitbuilder®, to show us what setup you have in mind.

DW's proprietary kit building system.
http://www.dwdrums.com/kitbuilder/

erm but when you buy rack need to buy all the attachment arms too right? clamps? etc.. wun tt cost alot?

weckl-x said:
I'm not sure about the local prices actually, but I know there's the Gibraltar and Pearl Icon ranges.

You've to show us pictures of your current set-up to help.

Can also try playing with the Kitbuilder®, to show us what setup you have in mind.

DW's proprietary kit building system.
http://www.dwdrums.com/kitbuilder/

thanks alot!

kanzer said:
erm but when you buy rack need to buy all the attachment arms too right? clamps? etc.. wun tt cost alot?

yeah, but its hard to get my desired cymbal set up.[/quote]

okay... this are the pictures :lol:
MY CURRENT KIT.
kit.jpg

Should I get a rack? cos i can't really position them that well anymore.
and on top of that, i really want to expand my kit into a fully functional double bass, 9 piece kit.

MY WANNA BE KIT.
wannabe.jpg

Woah! Very nice setup you have myner :D

IMO, racks are great as they allow you to add accessories/cymbals in whichever way you want and holds it all together nicely. But it's only good if it's your personal kit. The drawback of racks is that it can be quite a hassle to adjust if more than one drummer share the kit.

I guess it's your personal kit right? Getting a rack will probably be the way to go :)

mel80 said:
Woah! Very nice setup you have myner :D

IMO, racks are great as they allow you to add accessories/cymbals in whichever way you want and holds it all together nicely. But it's only good if it's your personal kit. The drawback of racks is that it can be quite a hassle to adjust if more than one drummer share the kit.

I guess it's your personal kit right? Getting a rack will probably be the way to go :)

haha, all cheap cymbals lah... :lol:
how much would a basic rack cost?

Back