Question on pickups

donutator

Would the dimarzio paf joe and mo joe fit onto a fixed bridge guitar (ibanez RG321) because satriani uses a floating tremolo and i'm concerned the pickup spacing would be dfferent? please enlighten me.

Get an F-spaced for the bridge and a regular spaced one for the neck.
I'm using a fixed bridge RGR321EX and that was what I did.
The strings are perfectly in line with the pickups' poles.

Hi,thks for the replies. Are u sure about the bridge being F spaced and the neck being non f-spaced because im going to order the pickups from ebay and i dont want problems...my guitar is a Rg321Mh..does it make any difference

F-spaced means the pickup poles are spaced for Floyd Rose/Wilkinson type bridges, so I think unless Ibanez fixed bridges are any different from other fixed bridges, it should be standard spacing (i.e. not F-spaced).

so I think unless Ibanez fixed bridges are any different from other fixed bridges, it should be standard spacing (i.e. not F-spaced).

They are F spaced. The string to string is 53mm. You need (well, not need, but would like) an F-spaced bridge pup. the TOMs are 50mm spacing. The RG321 is still the fender-like 6 saddle bridge. So 53mm would be in order.

Hi,thks for the replies. Are u sure about the bridge being F spaced and the neck being non f-spaced because im going to order the pickups from ebay and i dont want problems...my guitar is a Rg321Mh..does it make any difference

It doesn't really make a difference, but is solves your own personal demons. Go ahead and order what you want, but yes, bridge F spaced and neck standard spacing is fine.

BTW, just a pre-warning: The PAF joe and MoJoe will NOT get you his tone in an RG321. You know that, right?

yea, i know that. I'm not trying to nail satriani's tone but i was looking for a new set of pickups and his seem to sound the nicest to me.

yea, i know that. I'm not trying to nail satriani's tone but i was looking for a new set of pickups and his seem to sound the nicest to me.

Have you tried the mojoe? i've mainly only tried the FRED... Love that bridge pup. it's my main bridge pup.

My alternative, when DiMarzios are hard to get for a new guitar, when I can't get the PAF Joe and the Mo Joe, would be bareknuckle pickups - Nailbombs. Very close in terms of tone, but the BKPs are more organic and more 3d sounding than the DiMarzios. Some like it, some don't.

Take a listen!

Back