Question on electric guitar bridges

Jugman

ok my electric guitar bridge currently is this one:
Bridge_by_mroofka_Z.jpg

and it has rusted like hell. so i want to change it.

and well, i want to change it to this one:
floydrose.jpg

is it possible? and if it is, how much is the average cost of the black one?

thanks

your guitar is not routed for a floyd rose from what i see. Its not possible unless you route it for a floyd rose.

oh thats not a pic of my guitar. there's something wrong with my camera so i had to find an example of what it looks like.

oh but what will be the difference between the routing?

Erm, because of the difference in the tremolo systems? I think you'll need to do a lot of things to your current fixed-bridge guitar[from your picture] before you can get yourself a floyd rose.

I think you have to go to a guitar shop and ask someone for help.

What you have now is a standard trem which is suited for that routing. if you want a floyd rose, you have to make the route bigger to fit in the floyd rose. & if you do it on your current guitar, it may or may not go out of alingment & it will ruin your guitar. but 1st, do you know how to string up a floyd rose?

What you have now is a standard trem which is suited for that routing. if you want a floyd rose, you have to make the route bigger to fit in the floyd rose. & if you do it on your current guitar, it may or may not go out of alingment & it will ruin your guitar. but 1st, do you know how to string up a floyd rose?

That, I think, you'll need a guitar mechanic.

Anyway, it's easier to re-string a floyd rose than tuning the strings in a floyd rose system, in my opinion.

dont go to floyd rose!you'll regret it.changing strings and tuning is hard as hell.

It offers you a stability that a normal fixed bridge cannot offer.

Also, it keeps your string in tune and your tremolo will kick ass.

It has its pros and cons. As for me, I'll stick to my fixed bridge becasue I don't really want the tremolo. It's up to an individual's needs.

hahaha ok then, dime. i'll take your advice.
actually i'm just looking for a black bridge, to complete my guitar. i want everything to be black. hahahaha

look for those similar bridges.maybe a wilkinson brand might do it.but i dont kno if they have it in black.usually it comes in gold and silver for strat lovers.

dont go to floyd rose!you'll regret it.changing strings and tuning is hard as hell.

Then can't divebomb bro..
Dude Jugman, you should try to look up on bridges.. Yours is a Vintage Tremolo System (eg. strats?).. The one you wanted was a Floyd Rose..
Very very different indeed! Different styles of playing, different cavities needed on your guitar, different routing..

oh alrighty then man. i don't want to change it just yet. i'm trying to learn more about it before changing.

yea i'm thought about it too. but i scared skali the strings remove the paint. then reveal the rust. hahaha

Replace it with a similar tremolo if you can find a black one, heh heh. Truth be told, I've never seen a black-coloured non-locking tremolo in my life, though I've seen plenty of hardtail ones.

And if you want hardtail / fixed-bridge, add 2 high-tension springs to have a total of 5 springs. Hardtailed! :D I hardtailed my Ibanez because I under-utilize its tremolo... Like empihsrow said, individual needs.

bro if u really want a floydrose, its better to get another guitar with a floyd rose. its more worth it.

Back