Question for Zoom B3 users

jastrabiz

I am planning to buy a digital multi-effects pedal which is much easier to carry. I have my eye on Zoom B3.
My question is can I activate 2 effects in 1 stomp-box panel? I am thinking Panel 1=Comp+EQ Panel 2=OD+Octave Panel 3=Any other effects I will need.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

No you can't. You have the 'twin fx' models to choose from which model those two effects, which are preprogrammed in one "effect" model, but not two effects you can individually choose.

but there might be software update for the b3, which allows you to set in up to 6 bass fx at the same time, the software had been updated for the g3, not sure about the b3. But i dont really get the hype of the pedal, bought it but i know i wont ever use it live, i use it more for my home amp and looper pedal. Their synth stuffs has awful tracking, have nice delays, reverb, distortion is averagish, very versatile but i just wont use it live (stubborn me i guess)

Thanks guys for the feedback, because this will be my first time buying a multi-effects. I'm thinking it it will serve my needs, then no need to carry an individual stompbox everytime, just 1 piece will do. But with that feedback I think I will think twice of using it for live. Thanks!

Limiter/Dyna Wah/OD/Octaver/Chorus/EQ/Tuner
Ü should i stick to these ones rather than buying the ME? Ü

What brand are they haha? i am guessing boss? did you use a combination of pedals or just use them individually? the good thing about multi fx is you can change preset on the fly, whereas single pedals cant, if you really want the zoom b3, keep the octaver and OD, which i found the b3 is lacking at.

You mean the Boss ME series? Don't think those will satisfy you also if you wish to retain that chain.

You could try your luck and hold out for a possible zoom G5 or just get the G5 itself, or maybe try their MS-50G. Or look at the Line 6 pods or M series.

i am using b3 and its cool.

u can arrange patches for on the fly selection. eg) patch 1 has gate+comp+chorus, patch 2 has gate+comp+drive. etc..etc. and just more and swap

Latest posts

Back