Pup or pre-amp change?

volux

Hey guys, I notice my bass is pretty harsh sounding on the higher strings. Any idea if I should change the pup or pre-amp to solve this?

Harsh as in it screams (in a bad way) if I pick slightly harder than normal. The lower strings sounds fine but it's just on the D and G strings that's really bad. I'm using the stock Ibanez SR755 pups/pre-amp (Bart MK1-5 pups and EQB-IIIS pre-amps), so I'm not sure if lowering it would make much difference :(

Harsh as in it screams (in a bad way) if I pick slightly harder than normal. The lower strings sounds fine but it's just on the D and G strings that's really bad. I'm using the stock Ibanez SR755 pups/pre-amp (Bart MK1-5 pups and EQB-IIIS pre-amps), so I'm not sure if lowering it would make much difference :(

No harm trying :)

yup adjust the pups high lower.

Alright one workaround I've found is to actually cut the low-mids from my GB pre-amp. Will try lowering the height and see how it goes :D

Back