psr 2100 & use of external tone generator

sid4iwpa

i wld like to sample the sounds of a tone generator via "my PSR 2100's onboard speakers". but if i were to connect psr 2100's midi out to the midi in of the tone generator and route the aux out of the tone generator to the aux in of my psr 2100, sounds from both the 2100 and the tone generator will be produced "concurrently" when i strike a key.

i cannot "off" the sounds on the 2100 as that will also mute the sounds of the tone generator since i hv already routed the aux out of the tone generator to the aux in of the 2100.

how can i connect it such a way that i can produce sounds of the tone generator via my 2100's speakers without me hearing the sounds of the 2100?

nb: i have no extra external speakers and i want the sounds on my tone generator to come out thr' my 2100's speakers.

how?

In most synthersizers, there is a setting call "Local On/Off". You can check if your keyboard has this.

hi

manage to find the local on/off control from the keyboard manual. will test that out later.

thank you...

it's sad.
the is no aux in on my 2100.
:(

No worries...just connect your module to PC speakers for time being...surely you'd have one? Of course, it's ideal to get monitor speakers w/ the 2 aux inputs, active speakers or a mixer w/ passive speakers. The choice is yours :)

Back