Price check for a 1989 MIJ Fender Strat?

poopenheimer

Hi all,

I bought a guitar when I was much younger and still learning, a 1989 Made in Japan Fender Stratocaster. I stopped guitar lessons ages ago and nowadays, I just play on my acoustic for enjoyment. I've always held on to the Fender Strat because of how beautiful it sounds and because I thought it might be worth something more in the future, but I feel increasingly guilty as the years go by because its just sitting in its bag, not being played.

I looked online and found many differing price points for vintage guitars similar to mine, and would like to ask for your help in pricing it. I will most likely let it go to someone more worthy.

As for its condition, its pickups are definitely not original and I got them replaced awhile back with some standard ones. The body is dusty but not damaged, same goes for the nuts and bolts. All other mechanisms are working fine.

Here's a picture of it if it helps.
0958eb8e-92ed-491a-a70a-89d0fc3a9c41.jpg

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to read through this, and wish you all a happy chinese new year :)

Fender Japan has always been top quality, even back in the '80s. Yours appears to be in good condition based on your photo and description; it'd be a little over $1k if it were all-original, although it's probably a little less than that now, given the pickup replacement. I'd say around $800-$900

Last edited:
Thanks Elusive1, that lines up with the most occuring price points on carousell or other countries sites. Guess I'll be saying goodbye to this guitar soon then. Much appreciated, friend :)

I'm looking at that shiny/ reflective area of the guitar body - what happened to the finish? Or is it just me... Cheers! :)

Latest posts

Back