Portable Bass Amp

Xwen625

I have a portable Marshall guitar amp I bought for $60 in Peninsula Plaza - its very handy - its very small and handy - I can carry it around or clip to my belt. Does anybody know whether there is a equivalent portable bass amp?

there isn't any product that comes close to that kind of portability.

no speaker that small will be able to withstand the booming low frequencies of a speaker without

1. sounding like a polyphonic ringtone
2. quickly and eventually blowing up

smaller combo amplifiers are available, but definitely not to that extent of portability.

there's the roland microcube for bass at swee lee. it's the same size as the microcube for guitar and uses four tiny speakers. but this ain't no phil jones bass amp. i read reviews that it is crap. i didnt try it

the micro cube for guitar is supposed to be pretty good though. definitely better than your marshall mini stack (and alot more expensive)

swee lee also has those tiny ibanez bass amps but i dont know if they are portable. the sale is supposed to be still on today so maybe u can check it out

depends on your budget. tell us how much damage you're willing to take and we can tell you. alternatively.. call swee lee and ask.

at that price range, i'd recommend the Ibanez SW35. i do NOT remember how much exactly it costs, but it's definitely not more than 500.

good amp for its price, can tilt back and even function as a monitor for small gigs.

call swee lee to check for availability; i'm sure the recent sale has wiped out supplies.

i dont think amps move as quickly as pedals and guitars... anyway the sale is a showroom sale, that means they were selling off stuff on display only. on non-sale days, i'm sure there's plenty in stock. the ibanez soundwave line are great amps, real value for money

at that range you should check out the hartke's as well, at citymusic. so happens i called them a few days back to check the price of a hartke a70 (70 watt, 12 inch speaker) it costs 400 odd if im not mistaken

70 watts is good. but that might irritate the neighbours. my pathetic 15watts practice does not cut it nowadays. i am craving for nice tone.

your neighbours level of tolerance aside, it would be good to note that the Hartke A70 has a tilt-back construction :) should help.

I'm currently using the Ibanez SW35. Price is about $240 i think...can't really remember. I've got it for like 3 years already and it's been performing quite well. 35 watts with tilt back. Has CD-in also for you to play along with your music. Tone isn't bad for something like this. I've been punishing it for the longest time. Only thing is the switch light is spoilt but doesn't affect the sound at all. Try it out.

thanks for all the tip will take a trip down to the local dealer to check out some stuff ;p

Back