Please help me pick my first bass

crazystep85

Hey guys, this is my first time posting a thread, and I'm really confused right now. :confused:

I've played bass for quite some time now and when I perform, I usually play a Cort, Ibanez, or a Yamaha (someone else's), and they're usually the higher end ones.

Now, I'm interested in getting my own so that I can practice more. After getting my luck blown a few times @ the buy/sell forum here, I was thinking of getting a new one to solve all the hassle. I don't have that much money though, so I've come to these three options:

- Squier VM Jaguar
- Cort Action-A
- Ibanez GSR200

All three have both P and J pup, which I guess would make it more versatile (although I prefer P-basses). I've never played any of these models before, and I've never tried any Squiers.

Can you help me in picking out among these three? Or suggest me a better one in this price range :)

Squiers are good basses, their quality improved drastically in the recent years. They also hold their value well, if you want to sell later and upgrade.
On the other hand, you have played Cort, Yamaha, and Ibanez before. Which one felt more comfortable? That's probably the most important thing.

I think I'm comfy with a Cort and Ibanez, but I wouldn't know how their lower end basses would feel. What made me consider the Squier is the huge amount of positive reviews on it compared to the other basses in the price range

I would go with the Squier especially the VM models, or a Yamaha if you can find one for that price. Ibanez GSRs are great too! But most importantly is to go to a store and play one, doesn't matter what is on the headstock as long as its good to you.

all of them are built by cort btw, all the basses are built in the same factory in indonesia... the same factory that made lakland skyline and sterling by musicman basses.

Back