Please Do Not Abuse the Quote button

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Please Do Not abuse the Quote button when you are replying in the forum. Use it only when you are referring to a point that another user made, not quote the whole paragraph wholesale.

i see alot of users just click the quote button and this cause multi-nested reply and it's kinda untidy.

one good method is to address the user you are trying to make your point to. ie, "Hi SOFT! ....."

when in doubt, use the Post Reply button!

I'm making it a habit to shave off the unrelated information when I quote and just leave the point/s I am addressing!

I do shave off the bits and parts.
It looks really stupid when you quote a long post and you are only addressing one line. :lol:

yeahh..just leaving the points is gd enuff. Wholesale is kinda big n large. Unless thtz a line or 2. Well sum r addicted just like a heavy smoker is addicted to smoking. In this case, heavy quoters! Like me! :lol:

yeah use the old mirc style better, with Nickname : (and a colon)

mingguan : nice example

nitrovo : welcome to singapore

soft : take a chill pill be a cool fool in the swimming pool see ya later alligator

vaiyen : yep I try to do that too.

So we are not to use the quote at all? Or is jsut quoting the exact sentence we are addressing acceptable?

Exact quoting makes it more prominent, and neater, as opposed to

SOFT: Yeah, I agree.

Phil said:
So we are not to use the quote at all? Or is jsut quoting the exact sentence we are addressing acceptable?

just dont do this. :lol:

soft said:
Phil said:

just dont do this. :lol:

OK. :lol:

Back