Paiste 101

zack11

Hey guys, i wanna know abt the Paiste 101...issit good?..in terms of other Paiste model??...how does it range??...i saw one juz now and it is quite reasonably cheap for a 14' crash...and i am thinking of buying it...However, i wanna ask u guys first b4 buying it...wad do u guys tink abt the Paiste 101???

Zack

IMHO, stay away from 101s, b8s and zbts/zxts if possible.

Cheap as they may be, they're not built for gigging or to last because they're low-budget entry cymbals, and they sound bad.

If you're looking for entry level cymbals, check out the ZHTs, XS20s, or PST5s... those are more decent, though they may be a tad pricier.

Alternatively, check out 2nd hand offers. :)

Thnx Alvyn...I will take that advice man. i do have one PST5 china and ya, it is expensive. Bt, it sounds great. Thnx again

its not that they sound bad. its just that they do not have the same tonal qualities as B20 cymbals. personally i stack my brass cymbals to get some what like a max stax effect... short, sharp, all i need.

If you just need something there, you can always buy a stock cymbal. Save up the money then buy good cymbals in future! :)

its alright la one period of time i had no choice but to use the 101 crash-ride for crash, quite like it, its not loud at all and sound dies off fast.. if use at home should be alright i guess. oh i tried the 101 crash too but i think its really BAD

In the long run, once you learn how to really hear the fine details, the PST5 can also be a little thin sounding.

The best is for you to wait for good second hand cymbals or pay a little more and get the Paiste Alpha, which is not that bad actually.

yeah i was looking for the older alpha hats... i saw a pair that time at swee lee a year ago... regretting not buying it now

I was quite surprise lei to see Swee Lee selling Paiste cymbal... I thought they are the distributor of Sabian....then how come they gt Paiste sia??....

swee lee used to distribute paiste thats why you still can see some Visions series, 802's, alphas's and maybe even afew 2002's. now their doing sabians. and ranking is doing paiste.

WOw...u know abt Swee Lee man... ;) ...wad is the best Paiste series for crashes??....im looking for 14' crash....i play more of rock to metal type of genre...

Zack

if you're playing rock/metal, try to use AAXplosion or HHXplosion. if most you use meinl amun 14" crash... thats what chris adler uses

HHmmmm...I tink i wanna have my cymbals all in Paiste first...I wanna try Paiste sets...however, out of curiosity, hu is the distributor if meinl ah??...ranking do have meinl cymbals but not alot....which shops carry meinl brands???

ranking. not all's on display la i think. but the uncle there damn damn bloody irritating. i dont like him. pcb.

Its kinda true la that th euncle is irritaiting...the other time, he tried to cheat my money...the cymbal is on offer of 10% and after discount (he calculated in his calculator) it should b $31.50...and i saw it when he type it on his calculator...bt he said $32...$0.50 sia...add 10 cents, cn buy ice-cream cone at macdonald...bt anyway, he tried cheating me....hate it when ppl tried cheating me....

i think this is just me, I really HATE paiste 101's. Calling them drum cymbals is almost a disgrace to drums itself. It will sound no better than ur stock cymbals so might as well keep e stocks and save up for better cymbals.

er... no dis-respect meant, but! seriously, 101's are meant for practice usage. and for a certain fact they are better than stock cymbals. i'm currently using 14" 101 hats as my aux open hats, its enough to cut through the kind of music that i play. and i play quite heavy stuff. so please make a think about what you say.

I have played heavy stuff too and i never liked it from the moment i striked it. N surely i must have a reason for being so passionately hateful about this cymbal right? heh like i said, it's probably just me and the fact that my ears and 101s dont click. Sorry if i offended u though, just my opinion. To me, if u can make those cymbals that i hate sound decently good then of course u have all my respect

Last edited:
Back