Online purchase of musical instrument

Waltz

Anyone ever ordered a musical instrument online ? I recently ordered an electric guitar from Swee Lee. Just called them to ask about my order as it has been 5 days since my order. The person told me the guitar got a buzzing sound and need to rectify the problem and will call me about the delivery.

I choose to order online without personally testing the guitar cos I not expert enough/shy/timid to 'showcase' my guitar playing in a shop , basically don't want sia suay infront of people. Anyway, it is a cheapo guitar la, but then still hope I don't purchase a faulty one.

So anyone ever took the risk to buy a musical instrument online and the instrument is still going strong ?

I bought two Jackson USA soloists sight unseen from guitar center, but they have a return policy, both were fine. Bought a BC rich ASM pro on eBay, no issues.

Buying online from a brick and mortar store carries less risk as you can return it. If the guitar has fret buzz, they may be doing a setup for you, and that’s a good thing : )

Once you get the guitar, play every note on the fretboard to check for buzz ( sometimes a little is normal). Check that the string height is acceptable for you. It should be around the height of a 20cent coin from the top of the metal fret @the 12th. if its much higher, tell them the action is too high

I bought two Jackson USA soloists sight unseen from guitar center, but they have a return policy, both were fine. Bought a BC rich ASM pro on eBay, no issues.

Buying online from a brick and mortar store carries less risk as you can return it. If the guitar has fret buzz, they may be doing a setup for you, and that’s a good thing : )

Once you get the guitar, play every note on the fretboard to check for buzz ( sometimes a little is normal). Check that the string height is acceptable for you. It should be around the height of a 20cent coin from the top of the metal fret @the 12th. if its much higher, tell them the action is too high

Woa, thanks for your advice. :cool: Ya, it was good that they check the instrument on their side instead of just deliver to me .

- - - Updated - - -

online is good, varieties to choose from

Precisely. All at clicks away. lol !

Back