Om Laboratories, Sahasrara Overdrive

Nice sound samples!
Goes to show it works well with both humbuckers and single coils.. ;)
But bro edder bro.. Got les paul, PRS and strat..
But where's the love for the SG?
Or a tele for that matter.. Lol :-D

hmm i tried it at TYMC today. must say its a pretty nice mild OD pedal. not muddy at all even with the gain volume controls all the way up. The pregain knob is ingenius....i thought it was just a gimmick....until i tried using the pedal with low gain direct to a clean amp and turned up the pregain....and woah! like the presence knob found on marshall amps....really reacts to your picking nuances well too.

I think i'll be getting one.....will consider it!

ahha yeah, i just wanna hear how it stacks with my amt dt-2, cos im currently using a ts9dx to stack it with....if it does a better job i'll prolly get rid of the tubescreamer and get this.

I tried stacking it with a tech21 amp's british(marshall) and california(mesa boogie) dirty channels in store though, and must say im impressed :D it retains clarity even at high gain settings and even so it retains the subtle nuances of single coils or humbuckers (i brought my hot rodded strat with a dimarzio fast track 2 in bridge position to test). I think tubescreamers tend to be adverse to humbuckers but not this pedal.

Ized, thanks for checking out the pedal and the feedback. hope the pedal will work out for you.

Godspeed64, haiyah.... good enough already lah... but then again... teles are my favourite... heh heh....

I bought a CustomAudio MXR overdrive/booster. And it was a great overdrive really with a very clean boost. Made better through a Marshall 4x12 cab. (thru a marshall head i forgot)
Anyway, i went to try out the the Sahasrara at Yamaha PS (courtesy of rosli mansor) and totally regret getting the MXR.

I should have and i'm gonna sell away my CAE/MXR to get the Sahasrara.

:)

Amazing. A strong competitor for Pedal of the year. Or sumthing in those ranks.Hah.
This is some serious shiet man.

i don't use od... coz it does nothing for me!

but this sahawalla pedal can do anytime .... easy on the fingaz :mrgreen:

travisK, thanks for giving the pedal a chance! appreciate your comments.

goose, as always, coming from you its an honour! :mrgreen:

Edwin, i wanted to write a review on Om Labs Sahasrara Overdrive. But then i dont really know how to describe it. So i do it in very noob way alright.

I uses a Proco Vintage The Rat. I wanted to buy an overdrive pedal as a treble booster. My first choice was Ibanez TS9DX, borrowed from a friend, used the pedal for quite awhile, then a friend of mine intro me to Om Labs Sahasrara, my first thought of it was, "hhmm, sounded pretty sharp, but maybe too mild for me", so i put it on my 2nd choice list. Then the same friend of mine intro me to Ibanez TS9 Keeley mod, so by then i've got three choices. Then i spend couple of months playing with those 3.

After that i realise, the sound of Sahasrara really grows on me, i dont know why, it just did, there's something special about its tone. As i said, i just know how to listen to sound, dont really know how to describe it. But i can tell you, among that 3 pedals, Sahasrara has the best tone!

I used to play a Telecaster, then i sold it off to get an SG. I love both of that guitar, but i dont have the money to own both of it. Then Saharara came and saves the day, it gives some tele single coil feel to my SG!

As a conclusion, i chose Om Labs Sahasrara Overdrive over Ibanez TS9DX and Ibanez TS9 Keeley Mod!

Om Labs Sahasrara > TS9 Keeley Mod > TS9DX

Im sorry, i know its a very noob review. Ahahaha. Good job Edwin! I'll keep this one!

Hello hello.
rig1tv2.jpg

Kit
(Silent Scenery)

Last edited:
hey kit! you're here too on soft also ah...

Thanks for the review, noob or no noob, I just appreciate the fact that the local guys here are open to using local pedals for what it is meant for, making pleasing sounds rather than an expensive mojo doorstop on a non existing mojo door on the pedalboard. Damn that sounds damn postrock... can bootleg? ;)

Thanks again lah bro... let me know if you're coming to SG to play some gigs.

hey kit! you're here too on soft also ah...

Thanks for the review, noob or no noob, I just appreciate the fact that the local guys here are open to using local pedals for what it is meant for, making pleasing sounds rather than an expensive mojo doorstop on a non existing mojo door on the pedalboard. Damn that sounds damn postrock... can bootleg? ;)

Thanks again lah bro... let me know if you're coming to SG to play some gigs.

Aha, i've been around soft for quite some time. Hunting for good stuff mah. Ehehe. Nah, your pedal deserve all these 8 pages of reviews on SOFT!Good job!, im kinda anticipating your going-to-release fuzz pedal :)

Bootleg? Dowan la, later ppl say im a theif. Ahahahah.

Hopefully my band can play in SG after we release our album on July :)

See ya around ed!

Kit

the sahasrara just has this special tone that makes you keep wanting to use it

warm and chimey

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back