Okay so, I kind of screwd my Nut?

yes, of all unbelievable nubzzorx mistakes, I managed to pwn my Nut when I was re-stringing my Bass. It popped out because there was too much tension from the string pulling it while I was tightening it (because it had gotten caught on the pickup).

T.T

Any suggestions as to any particular brand of glue or anything. I'm attempting to save a few bucks and DIY because I'm low on cash.
Augh.jpg

Aaaaa.jpg

There is no actual damage to the nut or the neck itself, just the glue gave way.

Any tips/hints/suggestions/condolences/bbq's/etc ?

My first bass is like that. You don't actually need to glue the nut back. Just hold it in place and string the bass, the tension from the strings will hold the nut in place.

haha, i really can't visualise your noobzzorx mistake

just standard superglue or epoxy will do i guess. no biggie

Thanks guys, actually Visa helped solve my problem already. The string tension's holding it in place, but if it ever happens again, I'll know what to do.

[Feels Empowered]

i broke mine last week and surprising the whole damn thing is still in place due to the string's tension. awesome right. nuts. gonna get new one tomorrow.

never use superglue ..wood or hide glue the best ..U wud save your future repairman a great deal of time and effort too

Back