Objection Overule Live @ OPEN STAGE! 15th April 2006

Mohegan

normal_Open%20Stage%20Gig.jpg

Hey Meatball! That looks and sounds great! Looking forward to the day of the show itself! Cheers!

:D

1,2,34! HEy Ho Let's Go! Adam we look forward to seeing you and the gang at the gig! All the best mates!

OpenStage at Timbre last Night! Wow!
The turnout was overwhelming, the atmosphere was electric, the bands were rockin' and it was serious fun! It was a great great celebration for a sort of homecoming in the true spiriit of local indie music.

Objection Overule! These guys came out 1st with Tattoos, Mohawks, lotsa attitude and whole lotta punk vibes in their tight set. The band played, looked and sounded together like brothers in arms!
Adam Meatball twisted his knee towards the end of the set and crash landed but only temporarily...the crowd roared on "Punk Rock, Punk Rock!" and you could feel the spirit rise in the air when Adam got up despite his injury and did his best to hide his obvious pain as they continued the onslaught of the rest of their homecoming set to the audience's roar of supportive approval. You gotta love Adam, the band and the fans for what they believe in... Punk Rock is not a musical stlye but a lifestyle and everyone outa be entiltled to their choices in life. Punk Rock Lives! Welcome back Objection Overule!

Lunarin One of the tightest local acts this power trio combines some of the best elements of what makes a trio out fit sound massive. Eng Teck has a signature drum style that is almost immediately noticeble as he has developed a distinctive drumming approach that's perfect for what Lunarin songs are bulit within and around. Eng Teck's fine and understated drumming style many a time throughout the set remind me of some of the finest moments from Tool and Soundgarden. Kahwye the guitarist works real hard and consistently succeeds at playing and sounding what's best for the songs. Kahwye's guitaring is one of the finest examples of achieving great tones from a careful combination of fine hearing, note choices and careful selection of gear and settings for each songs passages. Linda who plays the bass and sings is absolutely stunning on stage, she's obviously found her own voice and approach in combining her dual role within the band and with great success. It's moving to know how much attention she pays to getting her bass to sound right for each song. Lunarin is a band that's put alot of thought and passion into their music and it shows gloriously onstage.

Concave Scream A great local band that has withstood the test of time and local circumstances this band proves a point that great melodies and songs will always have an audience here or anywhere. The sound that this band creates together with their combines voices and instruments is warm and lush always. Almost signature like and distinctive, Sean and Pann with their tasteful interwoven modulated guitars, sweet 2 part harmonies and heartfelt vocal delivery is the emotive core of this great band. Dean who's always a pleasure to hear and watch comes from a commendable history of drumming experience in some extreme musical genres exhibits consistent great taste and rhythmic support and love for songs. Andy the latest addition in the band handles the bass dept. with great functionality, never lacking, never overbearing but right there with the groove and always for the song. The set was breathtaking! With an encore some more what more can I say?!

When embryo took over for the rest of the night I was already so affected by the combined atmosphere of the event and of course fine performance of the bands. So much so that Wendy(Bass), Mervin(Drums) and yours truly could not help but play a very inspired and emotional set...it felt really really great! The guys who came onboard for the open jam... Richard, Marvin, Bhasker, Fuz, Deen, Nigel, Greg, Danny, Mervin. What a vibe man! Phew! Woah! Heh, I hope you guys enjoyed it all as much as me and all involved, participated and came did.

On behalf of everybody who came together to make this all possible and now a reality I'd like to say a Big Thank You! See ya on the next OpenStage show slated for the 20th May. CHEERs!

On the Behalf of the Band, we would like to Thank all the softies we met last nite and staying thru O.O's set! It was great fun for us! :)
Also a big shout to those who brought the Bollocks To You CD all the way down for the band to 'Re-scribble' on it! It was a great encouragement to the whole band!

Lastly, we also wish to thank the organisers (especially Randolf!! We owe you BIG TIME!!) for giving the band such good platform to play! RESPECT!!!

Back