need some info about frets

wayneward

juz wanna ask, wads the diff between a jumbo fret and a medium fret?

is it the difference in the distance between 2 frets?

thx for answering my qns in advance. :)

Essentially...the difference between medium and large frets is the width and thickness of the fret itself. Not to be confused with the distance between two frets, which would mean looking at the scale length of the fretboard...

go to warmoth webbie or dunlop webbie and look at the dimension of the frets and you'll understand better between the height and width of frets.

Apart from the feel, the sound has a difference as well. From what they say, JUMBO frets have longer sustain than medium/vintage frets.

Then again, it can be just their opinion.

haha..cool...ok, den why do ppl make it seem that it is easier to play fast or shred on jumbo frets compared to medium frets?

does it really affects picking solos, strummin power chords, playing open chords or is it juz personal preference?

thx again.

its definitely does..i've tried a few with jumbo frets and was amazed at how comfy the feel is.. now are there any strats out there with jumbo frets?

fender YJM model..super jumbo( tt's wat fender calls it)...my TGM copy strat is also equipped with jumbo frets...

Back