need help, phonic mixer Stereo left channel input not working

burping_boy

Need help on mixer repair service!

I bought my Phonic Helix Board 12 Firewire MKII mixer in August 2007.
This is the link to it's official website: http://www.phonic.com/en/mixers/helix-board-12-firewire-mkii.html

I think my stereo left channl input no. 7L is spoilt. I only found this out recently because i seldom use input 7L and 8R. When i plug my stereo line-ins into 7L and 8R, only the right side of my phones and speakers have sound. Unplugging 7L, leaving only 8R, makes no difference. However when i plug the same stereo line-ins into 5L and 6R, everything is fine. All settings for 7L8R is exactly the same as 5L6R, including panning controls, eq, aux levels, pre/post switch, +4/-10 switch, mute and level controls.

I tried to unscrew to see what's wrong inside, but i could only see the back of the main board inside. I dare not dismantle it any further.

Anyone who knows how to repair? Or recommends any repair services from any shops?

I'm still in the midst of contacting the dealer.

Please help, thanks! Willing to answer more queries and share more symptoms.

Last edited:
try those electronics audiophile uncles at simlim square/tower..

but anyway use this as last resort if the dealer can't help. or expired warranty. or warranty void..

thanks for the replies! sadly the dealer can't help. so the simlim tower uncles can do the job? without messing up my firewire interface inside? any idea on roughly how much i should spend if it's just because of some loose contact?

i seriously don't know man, I just walk past those uncle shop with alot of audio gear and they're soldering some stuff kind of impression. you may wanna drop by and ask first. no guarantees like I said, use this as a last resort if you wanna risk your mixer if not just use 1 channel short lor..

Back