Need help on my tones....

Tharenii

Hello... i am a guitarist.... i am looking for a really tight metal sound for my guitar... i am using a toneworks 1500g.. currently i have no amp... i practice with headphones.
Any kind soul to give me a hand?

how to play with headphones seh? you dont find the wires getting in the way? i'd suggest the same thing as the guy above me, get an amplifier, and let your neighbours noe who is the the metal god in your block :wink:

3 hrs and a bump.

Not only was it an impatient bump, its a bump after office hours, so whatever advice we give you, you still can't react till tomorrow.

A few things. What patches did you use. What are your eq settings. What guitar do you have. Everything stock? No? What changed? Give us a tone reference, band, album, song, anything.

Hey!! i am using a samick interceptor II. I bought extention wires to practice.... going to get a good amp... so for the time being no amps for me... i want a really heavy and rocking sound.... no artists in mind... perhaps the tone from the song K.I.N.G....

U can get a small Marshall amp & Uber Metal. It will give you from Metallica to Hate Eternal to whatever Death Metal band exists.

1st try to tweak around with your Korg. If you cant get the metal tone u want, then source for other pedals

Alo ..with the toneworks go easy on the compression and tweak the EQ ... i believe there is a trim setting ...tweak that to taste too ...its like an afterburner !!

Btw before you do the above get a good practise amp as constant earphone use will lead to undesirable consequences.

I would suggest you get a Boss MT2...play around till you get bored then get it modded :D

Actually there are more than several ways some cheap, some real, the in betweens and then it's all virtual thereafter ....

Cheap: MT2, Marshall Shredmaster, or Jackhammer
Real: Stereo setup of 50 watt all tube head(almost any brand) with Celestion equipped 4x12 Speaker cabs with 2 mikes each with outboard pitch shift and split second delay processing. For total ballistics feel free to go 100watts and beyond for each head. try 6 heads a side. It will tear down walls... i heard.
Virtual: Get a POD, Behringer, Johnson, Amplitube or Roland Cube 60.... which is going for $200 bucks somewhere here at soft i tink.

I'd rather leave the rest of you folks to dabble on "Bouteeks" I call it the land of no return! Hehehehehehe

sorry guys... i might give the impression that i am a total newb on the guitar... i am not alright.... jus newb to this toneworks... how to use the compressor and stuff....

i am just new to this pedal... been playing around with it for 3 months... still havent got THAT SOUND... the sound any metal head wants..... i just dont know how to describe it... but yeah...

i am gonna be getting that amp at music theme going for 800 bucks... the 12x4 smarvo amps...

so yeah i started saving... but for me to practice on my own rite now... i still need a proper sound... i just am lost alright....

Thanks for the help guys...

keep posting.... i really appreciate it!!

Ahh.............duude.............the Smarvo is a gd consideration. I suggest u try getting an MT2 or a Jackhammer and run it through an Ibanez TS9. Then go through a Dynacomp and with some tweaking u'll get any metal sound u want. My friend let me try it and i was like whoa! He was playing through a Mesa/Boogie Dual Recti on clean channel. And i was using an Ibanez RGT42DX. With the Smarvo it shld sound better. But try not 2 use the in-built dist. , to me it isn't really up to standard.

just based solely on the AX1500, u cld try between the US-HiGain,and Metal Dist (this is almost like a MT-2, very scooped) - for metal rhythm tones....... for solos US-HiGain or Brit. i'd suggest, u start with listening to all 3 EQ bands @ a standard setting of 30-40%, before tweaking individually.

if u r playing thru a decent amp, 'off' the cabinet simulator. they are effective thru earphones or DI recording.

refer to the post on boogie-bogner.

actually, out of most of the forums ive checked out, they've all agreed on one thing. anything metale/screamo/hardcore that you want can be achieved with a solid body HH Guitar on the bridge position into a >50W EL34 tube head and 4X12 Celestion speaker cabs such as a dual rectifier, and you're in metale zone. No pun intended.

dey. get an uberschall la. problem solved! :smt006

Back