Neck Changing

TheoryD

Hi guys, need your help. Is it advisable to change the entire neck of my guitar? Reason I asked is because the neck cracked and from the looks of it, been glued back in some way. Its playable but kind of an eyesore if you know what I mean. Will it be expensive to do so?

And another question. Just curious, the guitar I have has 2 single coil and 1 humbucker kind of setup. Is it possible to change it to a 2 humbucker kind of guitar?

Yup, many of my friends told me to just buy a new guitar if I wanted to change so many things. But this instrument has kinda grew on me in a weird way that I don't want to part with it. So need your advise guys. Thanks.

1) the expensive part would be getting a neck, I suppose..otherwise its a matter of unscrewing the old neck and attaching the new 1

2) If you have a strat, the best way to see if this can be done is to remove the pickguard and take a look at the cavity underneath. You can only change to a H-H setup if you happen to have a 'bathtub' cavity, ala http://store.guitarfetish.com/ststbo3su.html
However, if you have a S-S-H cavity, you can't change to a H-H setup

Back